Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securewatch sensor battery

Options
  • 27-02-2013 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

newbie question. I have an HKC Securewatch wireless system that was installed approx 6 years ago.

Over the last few nights after part setting the alarm 0#7 (and waiting for a few minutes) the alarm has started beeping as if the entry door (set as the house front door Z1) has opened. I reset the alarm and then almost immediately (a few minutes) it started beeping again. I tapped the front door sensor (technical I know!) and the alarm reset no further problems.

I pulled the battery from the wireless sensor on the door and it measures approx 2.9v All the sensor batteries have been in the system since initial installation in 2007.

So is there a warning on the sensor that the battery is getting low? at what point would the sensor battery drop to a level where it may cause an issue like this? Is the battery likely to be giving me an issue at 2.9v or am I mis-diagnosing?

I have the HKC manual and it provides no fault finding information at all so any tips/hints would be welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

After 6 years I would be replacing all those batteries anyway. I would also replay that front door contact as well.
    If that was just a battery issue a tap should not settle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Did HKC have a wireless system 6 years ago? I wonder if this a GE quick bridge system, with a wireless receiver next to the control panel.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That's what I'm presuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 andymm

Thanks for the replies. The system we have is a keypad with HKC securewatch written on it and then above they keypad is a large beige box around 30cmx15cm which seems to house the 'workings' of the system but not sure of any other details apart from that. I will go ahead and get some replacement batteries for all the sensors. Since removing and returning the battery (to put it on the meter) the alarm has done nothing strange at all.

So do I take it that the sensors do not give any kind of indication when the battery is running low other than (eventually) loosing contact with the base unit I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

andymm wrote: »
    newbie question. I have an HKC Securewatch wireless system that was installed approx 6 years ago.

Over the last few nights after part setting the alarm 0#7 (and waiting for a few minutes) the alarm has started beeping as if the entry door (set as the house front door Z1) has opened. I reset the alarm and then almost immediately (a few minutes) it started beeping again. I tapped the front door sensor (technical I know!) and the alarm reset no further problems.

I pulled the battery from the wireless sensor on the door and it measures approx 2.9v All the sensor batteries have been in the system since initial installation in 2007.

So is there a warning on the sensor that the battery is getting low? at what point would the sensor battery drop to a level where it may cause an issue like this? Is the battery likely to be giving me an issue at 2.9v or am I mis-diagnosing?

I have the HKC manual and it provides no fault finding information at all so any tips/hints would be welcome.

Sounds like you have an Aritech quick bridge installed. This will allow you add wire free sensors to the HKC Securewatch. If this is the case then the battery in the sensors should be replaced. The contact battery should be 3.6v. Being 2.9v would be an issue and is more than likely the cause for the detector going open and close. I would try this before replacing.

• Advertisement

andymm wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. The system we have is a keypad with HKC securewatch written on it and then above they keypad is a large beige box around 30cmx15cm which seems to house the 'workings' of the system but not sure of any other details apart from that. I will go ahead and get some replacement batteries for all the sensors. Since removing and returning the battery (to put it on the meter) the alarm has done nothing strange at all.

So do I take it that the sensors do not give any kind of indication when the battery is running low other than (eventually) loosing contact with the base unit I presume.

The quick bridge is a separate device. This is what it looks like.
    It would have a yellow indication of a low battery if used.
    Replacing the batteries should solve the issues your having.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 corkgunner

How do I take off the cover of the wireless sensor of a hkc alarm system please

corkgunner wrote: »
    How do I take off the cover of the wireless sensor of a hkc alarm system please

Should be a screw that needs to be removed to release the cover.

Advertisement