Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

economy 7 immersion heater

Options
  • 27-02-2013 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

hi
    I need to replace the booster thermostat which are looking up is the top one . i think im right so far

I have to cut power to immersion so I can replace it but where do I do that . is it just setting the switch to off not timed on the economy 7 immersion board on the wall or do i switch it off somewhere else ? sorry just don't want to kill myself the changing I'm ok with its just been 100% safe

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

There will be a circuit breaker or fuse at the main panel that will isolate the heater, make sure that is off before you do any work on the stat, and check with a meter that there are no volts present before you do any more.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

a right so if i flick the switch on the wall , ie where the rest are for the lights , plugs etc , i f i flick one for immerision that will be ok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

If this is a serious question then I suggest you need assistance from a professional.
    One of the most important aspects of DIY is knowing not to take life endangering risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Cerco wrote: »
    If this is a serious question then I suggest you need assistance from a professional.
    One of the most important aspects of DIY is knowing not to take life endangering risks.

thanks for concern cerco! done and dusted now :) limps all still attached :)

Advertisement