Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broadband in Monalin / Ballinahinch - Newtownmountkennedy

• 27-02-2013 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Hi all, moving up to that area and just wondering if anyone has any experience of the broadband available up that way?

Does anyone know how far from the exchange it is? I was going to try the 24MB broadband but if it's any distance from the exchange, there is probably no point. Anyone with experience from the location?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Had someone from Eircom knocking on the door the other day, I asked and the exchange is at the Townhouse pub. He said that the most you'll get from it is 8MB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Thanks for that RosieJoe. I ended up ordering the 24MB. I'll see what I get. easier to decrease the service than it is to increase it, test and then decrease.

You might point out which pub is the townhouse for me? If it's where I think it is, I am about 2KM from the exchange so hopefully would be able to push about 16MB but it's a pretty steep downhill scale as you go out past 2KM (damn logarithmic scales).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Townhouse pub is the one on the main street in Newtown by itself. The one that is on the opposite side to the rest of the shops/pubs/hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Wicklow Broadband. check them out and see what they say. They're excellent where I am (Delgany), where no other internet provider could provide anything (even Eircom).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

DazMarz wrote: »
    Wicklow Broadband. check them out and see what they say. They're excellent where I am (Delgany), where no other internet provider could provide anything (even Eircom).

+1 on that, with them about 14 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I'm with Magnet - also in Delgany using the Eircom line.
    2Mg is the max but at least contention is 0 so speed is relatively OK. Comparing to others seems quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

i live in newtownmountkennedy kilmurry ..which is monalin

you'll get 8meg and the full 8meg all the time. There isnt many people here so it wont be like living in a housing estate or whatever

Thanks StonedParadoX. I just moved to Kilmurry myself so that's good to know :)
    Just a quick question about the area, what do you do about refuse? Thornton's just told me that they don't go up that far. They told me if I bring it down to the junction at Rossmore they would pick it up but that'd take ages to bring it down that far.

i have a van so i bring my refuse down to kilcoole where i work and its sorted by our company from there.

i dont know what our neighbours do.. but yeah its a hassle bringing it down if you dont have transport big enough

you could on the sly burn it. we wont say nothing :P

where abouts in kilmurry if you dont mind me asking ..is it monolin?

i have a van so i bring my refuse down to kilcoole where i work and its sorted by our company from there.

i dont know what our neighbours do.. but yeah its a hassle bringing it down if you dont have transport big enough

you could on the sly burn it. we wont say nothing :P

where abouts in kilmurry if you dont mind me asking ..is it monolin?

I don't know where I live sometimes :) So many different place names

I moved in just down a bit from Kilmurry Cemetery.

• Advertisement

is there a lad there living with you called derry or derri or darry or some ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Greenstar used to do a collection on that road from Roundwood to Newtown.:(

bido wrote: »
    Greenstar used to do a collection on that road from Roundwood to Newtown.:(

Yeah, I think Greenstar is the only option.

Does anyone know what the price of the Greenstar bags are? And where they can be bought locally?

Their subscription service seems a bit high for the amount of waste I have and I don't mind doing my own recycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Dellboy if you go into Eugenes or Sentra they will have greenstar bags, think they both do them one of them definitely does.

As for broadband, I am in Killadreenan and with the 24 mb bb was getting about 14mb, I downgraded to 8mb and get the full 8mb, broadband pretty good up here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Greenstar bags are €5.67 for the refuse, €2.65 for the Recycling. Get them in Post Office, Sentra or Eugenes.

Advertisement