Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picasa/Google+

Options
  • 27-02-2013 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,370 ✭✭✭✭

I hope this is the right forum for this question....

I'm hoping someone can help me, I'm driven demented trying to get an album of pictures from Google+ (which seems to have replaced PicasaWeb) onto my hard drive so I can edit them.

I took the pics on my phone, uploaded them to the web albums via the phone function, the album is there alright but I can't seem to get any further with it.

Previously the pics would have gone to a PicasaWeb album, from where it was a simple option to upload (dowload? I'm very confused at this stage!) to Picasa on my laptop.

Now they seem to be gone to Google+ which I know nothing about and don't want anything to do with - as far as I can see it's just another social media network and I don't want to opt in (I seem to have been opted in anyway, but that's another day's work)

Can anyone help me figure this out? I'm a bit of a techno klutz, so words of one syllable if possible.

Should I just ditch Picasa altogether? I really have found it useful and have years' worth of pictures stored there both in web albums and on my hard drive so am reluctant to start with another programme.

But since Google+ came into being I can't seem to manage it at all!

Help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

If you log in and go to Google+
    • Choose Photos, then Albums from the side
    • Click into the Album you want to download
    • At the top you will see "Share" "Add Photos" etc and at the very right, "More" with a drop down arrow. Click that arrow, and you'll find an option to download.
    • It downloads as a zip file, but just open it and extract to your photo folder/library on your computer.

Don't drop Picasa just for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭HTML5!

You'll have to ditch Picasa eventually. Google are phasing it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

HTML5! wrote: »
    You'll have to ditch Picasa eventually. Google are phasing it out.
    Just picasaweb not the standalone program surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,370 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

KAGY wrote: »
    If you log in and go to Google+
    • Choose Photos, then Albums from the side
    • Click into the Album you want to download
    • At the top you will see "Share" "Add Photos" etc and at the very right, "More" with a drop down arrow. Click that arrow, and you'll find an option to download.
    • It downloads as a zip file, but just open it and extract to your photo folder/library on your computer.

Don't drop Picasa just for that

Sorry for the delay replying, but thanks a million for this! Just did it and it worked perfectly. A bit cumbersome, but at least I can now back the pics up.

Cheers!

Advertisement