Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cubase digital piano problem

Options
  • 27-02-2013 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Using Cubase LE 5 and working through usb midi connection to yamaha digitial clavinova clp130.

No problems with midi recording - all the notes etc are there, my problem is that the sustain pedal is not recognised? when i play back there is no sign of it, I've also checked the 'sustain' in key editor and there is nothing there.

for the record the pedal works perfectly on the piano itself, never any problems.

I hope you can help! ripping my hair out here!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

It's difficult to be certain what the problem is but what the pedal would essentially be doing is writing extra midi information to your midi track as an automation.

This image hasn't anything to do with sustain pedals but it'll help to explain.

H886ON7.jpg

You probably need to create an automation track (the light grey drop down track) for your midi track with the option of 'sustain' selected (in the place of the option 'modulation' in this case).

If you want to record the activity of your sustain pedal live as you play, you'll need to have the 'W' (write) button activated on both your midi track and on your automation. To hear playback of the automation, you'll need to have the 'R' (read) button selected on both the automation and on the midi track.

I've never used a sustain pedal for use with cubase so I could be completely wrong, but this is what I'd try anyway. All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 burnyfingers

Worked a treat! thanks a million! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

No worries, glad I could help!

Advertisement