Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelie bin cleaning

Options
  • 27-02-2013 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Is there a company that still does this?
    I've had no joy searching on Google, I know there was previously
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

aIs there a company that still does this?
    I've had no joy searching on Google, I know there was previously
    Thanks
    There was a guy in salthill doing it about 3 years ago but havent seen his jeep around in a good while.

westy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/SuperClean.Galway.Cleaning?fref=ts

He's coming to do ours next week. He quoted me €15 per bin on the phone (our food bin is nasty, so it's worth it!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Fey! wrote: »
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/SuperClean.Galway.Cleaning?fref=ts

He's coming to do ours next week. He quoted me €15 per bin on the phone (our food bin is nasty, so it's worth it!!!)

According to his webpage he is Dublin based, the OP is looking for someone local I would think.

Westy

edit ~ looked at web not facebook.Ignore the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

FYI CityBin will trade you a clean bin for $20. Last week they snapped off my lid somehow so they waived this. I won't make the mistake of putting kitty litter in the brown bin next time. I had about 15 lbs. of clay at the bottom of mine.

The guy who comes to you... does he take it somewhere else to clean it? I'd have cleaned mine myself but I'm in a semi-d so I don't really have a corner of the yard to do a nasty job like this.

If he has access to an outside tap he'll do it on site, otherwise he takes it away to do it.

The only reason I'm not taking the powerhose to it myself is that I don't have anywhere to dump the sludge that will be there, or any way to dry out the bin after so that the rubbish won't immediatly stick to the inside. I assume a professional service will have these two things covered.

Citybin gave me the number for different guy, but his number ept giving me a disconnected tone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Wow I am amazed this service exists.

You can buy compostable caddy/small bin liner bags in Tesco etc .Theyre around 3 euro for a months supply.You can line a small bin with them and empty your food waste into it over the day.Then you tie them up and throw them into the main big brown bin.It completely eradicates any smells or grossness or little flies etc in the brown bin. Our bin is so clean after years without a wash that you could get into it.The bags are brown bin friendly btw. Might be a useful tip for someone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

There used to be a fella in Athlone doing this years ago, the mother used to get it done every few months and afterwards the bin smelled like candy (until you started filling it again), I always thought it was the most pointless thing ever.

I'm only having it done to try and avoid rat problems; because of the roadworks on Seamus Quirke Road, a lot of the estates have been infested with rats that have moved from the works area. Having 10 years worth of food particles in a bin outside the house would, in my opinion, be like a magnet for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

I'm only having it done to try and avoid rat problems; because of the roadworks on Seamus Quirke Road, a lot of the estates have been infested with rats that have moved from the works area. Having 10 years worth of food particles in a bin outside the house would, in my opinion, be like a magnet for them.

If you are worried about rats, bins being blown over etc. you can always try one of these:

http://binstrap.ie/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jadice2002

If you are worried about rats, bins being blown over etc. you can always try one of these:

http://binstrap.ie/index.html

I got a couple of them bin straps, they're really good and so easy to use, a few weeks ago in the really bad wind when all the neighbours bins and rubbish was everywhere, I was so glad I had bought them, nothing can get in or out without you letting it :)

• Advertisement

They look really handy.

I especially like that they're an Irish product.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

jadice2002 wrote: »
    I got a couple of them bin straps, they're really good and so easy to use, a few weeks ago in the really bad wind when all the neighbours bins and rubbish was everywhere, I was so glad I had bought them, nothing can get in or out without you letting it :)

Are they selling well?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Wow I am amazed this service exists.
    This. Modern society for you! Can you not just use a hose and some washing up liquid? Always worked for me.
    jadice2002 wrote: »
    I got a couple of them bin straps, they're really good and so easy to use, a few weeks ago in the really bad wind when all the neighbours bins and rubbish was everywhere, I was so glad I had bought them, nothing can get in or out without you letting it
    You should sort out your website, it raped my eyes.

This. Modern society for you! Can you not just use a hose and some washing up liquid? Always worked for me.

Funnily enough I had already ansered that; where do I dump the sh*t filled water? I don't think that my neighbours would be too happy if I dumped it into the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jadice2002

You should sort out your website, it raped my eyes.

My website? I don't have a website

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Funnily enough I had already ansered that; where do I dump the sh*t filled water? I don't think that my neighbours would be too happy if I dumped it into the street.
    Doesn't your street/back yard have a drain?

No drains along where we are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement