Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NERA contact number?

Options
  • 27-02-2013 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Hey,

NERA website is down and I can't find their contact number anywhere. Has anyone got it?

A friend [really, it's not me :)] has an imminent disciplinary issue, probably within the next few hours..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Ah, I found it. If anyone needs it in the future it's...

Tel:(059) 917 8900
    Locall:1890 220 100

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thanks, I've added those numbers to the sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

if 'your friend' is having an imminent diciplinary, sorry to say, but NERA won't be much help. They won't tell you any more than you can find on citizens information.

If the disciplinary has been called at short notice, I would advise your friend not to attend and instead insist that a reasonable period of notic is given, in writing, and that it is outlined what the disciplinary is being called for, with whom it is being conducted etc. Then your friend should ask a colleague or union rep to accompany him/her to the disciplinary.

There are strict rules as to disciplinary procedures and if these are not being followed your friend is within his/her rights to ask for the meeting to be postponed.

see here for more info
    http://www.lrc.ie/viewdoc.asp?DocID=88

Little Ted wrote: »
    if 'your friend' is having an imminent diciplinary, sorry to say, but NERA won't be much help. They won't tell you any more than you can find on citizens information.

If the disciplinary has been called at short notice, I would advise your friend not to attend and instead insist that a reasonable period of notic is given, in writing, and that it is outlined what the disciplinary is being called for, with whom it is being conducted etc. Then your friend should ask a colleague or union rep to accompany him/her to the disciplinary.

There are strict rules as to disciplinary procedures and if these are not being followed your friend is within his/her rights to ask for the meeting to be postponed.

see here for more info
    http://www.lrc.ie/viewdoc.asp?DocID=88

Understood. If it was me, I could read the web. This is someone else who is distressed with no [or monitored] internet access. I just needed to SMS a phone number. It's now sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Might not to any harm for it to be monitored that your mate looked up the NERA website and the link I posted prior to going into the meeting, if you know what I mean ;)

• Advertisement

Little Ted wrote: »
    Might not to any harm for it to be monitored that your mate looked up the NERA website and the link I posted prior to going into the meeting, if you know what I mean ;)

Yup. Know what you mean. However this is not a normal siteeation. It's VERY messy.
    • Friend works for Company A.
    • Company A contracts their services to Company B.
    • Company B has the problem with employee of Company A.
    • Company B owns the network connection.
    • Company B couldn't give a flying **** if Company A Employee browses NERA of not but it probably wouldn't help matters.

What's right is not always what happens. Some times companies just settle disputes and blame a fall guy. That's just a reality of life in business.

Company A Employee made an honest mistake in a highly secure enviorn. Call it naivety or whatever but they weren't told NOT to do this specific thing. There is a low level Company B Employee who has made it their mission to cause **** and is reporting anything and everything and reporting it in a certain light to make Company A look bad. Employee B has [or was given] the impression that their job may be in jeopardy in the short to mid term. Since that day, their agenda has always been to get Employee A fired so Employee B can move into that, more job secure, position.

This has been going on for the past few months and yesterday Employee B made their move. Word reached upper management of both companies today and Employee A is on the verge of being fired. Right and wrong are not the issue. A **** is still a ****. Looks like the **** will win this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

RangeR wrote: »

Company A Employee made an honest mistake in a highly secure enviorn. Call it naivety or whatever but they weren't told NOT to do this specific thing. There is a low level Company B Employee who has made it their mission to cause **** and is reporting anything and everything and reporting it in a certain light to make Company A look bad.

Company A employee won't be making that mistake again.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

RangeR wrote: »
    Hey,

NERA website is down and I can't find their contact number anywhere. Has anyone got it?

1890 80 80 90

Advertisement