Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One for the Ladies - Where to Go Bra Shopping

Options
  • 27-02-2013 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

I am a hater of shopping and well I am just going to have to do it next month so I am..

So top of the list is some new brassiere's. I used to go to Marks and Sparks but found the last few years they were pretty bad. Brought a few from the lady in the store at the top of Oliver Plunkett street too but while they are defo good they are quite pricey..

I know Debanams have a great selection but trying them all on is a bit of a hassle and I cant say much for the fitting service there

Anyone have any good shops they can recommend both for getting the right fitting and a good selection...

No men need apply :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

Brown Thomas are great for fitting, but then there is the issue of the prices .....

I need to do the same actually, was thinking of trying debenhams, are they not good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I used the measuring service in M&S in douglas to be really good. The measuring person went off and found about 7 in my size, came back, adjusted the straps on them all. I thought she was fab. I was there about 10 am on a weekday morning though. They don't have time for it otherwise. That was about 5 weeks ago. I bought stuff there. Quite handy normal and work wear, but nothing

M&s town was not good. Rushed, bad measuring. BT I found good for measuring, but i had to make an appointment for it. Stuff was way too much push-up for me. I don't like my boobs to look like they are sitting up on plates!

Oliver plunket street I like, but expensive. Haven't been there in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Go online!! M & S bras used to be good, but now I find they don't fit properly. Plus the fitting service is pants!! If anyone knows a decent bra fitter in Cork, then I'm all ears.

Debs have a great selection, but again they are WAY pricier than the UK and again, the fitting service isn't great.

I go home at least once a year to be fitted by the girls in Bravissimo. They are spot on and the service is excellent. I've even been fitted over the phone. And it was correct!

I get my bras at either Figleaves or Bravissimo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

pwurple wrote: »
    I used the measuring service in M&S in douglas to be really good. The measuring person went off and found about 7 in my size, came back, adjusted the straps on them all. I thought she was fab. I was there about 10 am on a weekday morning though. They don't have time for it otherwise. That was about 5 weeks ago. I bought stuff there. Quite handy normal and work wear, but nothing

M&s town was not good. Rushed, bad measuring. BT I found good for measuring, but i had to make an appointment for it. Stuff was way too much push-up for me. I don't like my boobs to look like they are sitting up on plates!

Oliver plunket street I like, but expensive. Haven't been there in ages.

Do they have undies in the M&S in Douglas now? :confused: I don't like the one in town, but I feel M&S bras are not right for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

I go home at least once a year to be fitted by the girls in Bravissimo. They are spot on and the service is excellent. I've even been fitted over the phone. And it was correct!

I've heard fantastic things about Bravissimo alright. I'm fascinated by this over the phone fitting! :) I find that even if I've measured myself and have an idea of the size I require, I still have to try on loads to get the right one. Its so frustrating!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Wow thank you for all the answers. Mm I might be tempted by M&S in Douglas, so much handier with parking and that.
    Debanams while they have a great selection, the fitting isn't that great. And if its busy you can forget about it.

Sounds interesting this over the phone sizing aswell, I always differ with sizes tis a royal pain in the arse.. It would be so much easier if they stayed the same..Havent heard of this brassivimo place I shall go google

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Saved you a job! :D

Don't forget, you really need to try before you buy. Different bras fit differently, even if it's the same cup size...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

AH thank you they are quite lovely..Would be tempted but yes the try before you buy bit doesnt work there. Its such a pain trying them on but hopefully there will be some success

Advertisement