Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hare Coursing

1121314151618»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭wexfordman

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    We rescued one (an ex racer)that had either been sold on on dumped. She was lucky her ears were still intact. They often cut them off so that they cannot be traced back. Ours was traceable back to a syndicate (somewhere in Saggart I believe). Of course we could not contact them, but it was interesting to note that as soon as she stopped performing well she ended up dumped.
    Thankfully there are a lot of private individuals who do fabulous rehabilitative work with them and have contacts in the UK for re-homing, where greyhound re-homing has higher rates than here. (in fact the woman who took her from us had intended to send her to the UK for re-homing but fell in love with her and kept her. She sent me pics a few months after. What a fab creature!)

I dont think any right minded individual would condone that sort of behaviour, similar to the treatment of that dog in wexford the other week. Cruelty happens, and it is not exclusive to people who course or hunt, there is no justification for it, and it should be reported and allow the law to take its course where possible.

It is unfair to tar an entire community with the same brush though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

Alright lads, let it go and move on.
    wexfordman wrote: »
    So, you are aware of a call from established organisations to flood the poll, you are aware also of the hunting forum highlghting the poll, you are not sure how many registered to vote on the poll, yet you are sure that "quite the opposite" happened!:cool:

Please don't post on this thread any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

Maybe I'm not being as clear as I thought I was. What I mean is that I'm interested in hearing from people who do hunt/shoot about what they experience in terms of being harassed, attacked etc. It wasn't really something that I was aware of. I'd hear the occasional story on the news etc but its not something I'd hear of very often. I'm not disputing that it does happen. I'm just interested in hearing about it from the hunting/shooting perspective.

I don't mean a thread discussing whether or not people agree with hunting/shooting. There seems to be a lot of anger about it from what I've seen during this thread and I think having a thread about it outside of hunting/shooting would give members of that forum the opportunity to share their concerns about that to a broader spectrum of people. Of course there will be some people that take the proverbial but you will find that in After hours.

Ok, the animal rights radicals in Ireland engage at a low level, inasmuch as they limit themselves to damage to property rather than on the person.
    You may find this a bit sinister, but you asked;

http://www.animalliberationfront.com/ALFront/Actions-Ireland/BitebackReports2008.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Check the hunting forum, you'll see plenty of posters from this thread discount the poll the second it went up based on how they thought it would turn out.

Isnt it ironic that its suddenly credible ?

And was one of those people me? No. Direct your comments towards those other people you speak of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

And was one of those people me? No. Direct your comments towards those other people you speak of.

Check your post, many of those thanking it are from the hunting forum where they dismissed the poll before it started. Only to claim it as a resounding victory when it changed.

The irony you spoke of didnt just extend to those you were directing it at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Thread has well run it's course by now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement