Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless ethernet homeplugs...

• 27-02-2013 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

I bought quite a few homeplugs a few years ago - for both my own use - and for friends n family. All working 100%.

I notice that there are now homeplugs that not only extend the wired network - but incorporate a wireless repeater. I have it in mind to utilise one of these with an existing setup - where generic (chinese)/non branded 85Mbps homeplugs are currently being used. If I buy 1 x 85Mbps wireless -n homeplug, will it work with the existing homeplugs that I have?

i.e. are they compatible? Is there a common standard here??

This is the wireless homeplug I want to add to my current setup => LINK

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Match brands, theres no real guarantee otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

ED E wrote: »
    Match brands, theres no real guarantee otherwise.

Hmm...that's a bummer. I don't even think they even bothered with a 'brand'. Its just generic cheapo chinese made. Unfortunately, ebay purchase history doesn't extend back as far as 2009. I did find the paypal receipt but this just itemised a set of 6 x85Mbps Homeplugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭efc67

Hmm...that's a bummer. I don't even think they even bothered with a 'brand'. Its just generic cheapo chinese made. Unfortunately, ebay purchase history doesn't extend back as far as 2009. I did find the paypal receipt but this just itemised a set of 6 x85Mbps Homeplugs.

I dont see why it wouldn't work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

I checked the spec and it claims to support homeplug 1.0 standard - so I guess it should be compatible. Have ordered it up - so will find out. Thanks for your posts.

Advertisement