Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

recommend a small music player with screen

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thanks, will pass it on. It's for my mother who HATES sansa clip+ so i doubt she will accept anything by them, last link looks good.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

What did she hate about the clip+? that might help eliminate any unnecessary suggestions and also narrow the field down for further options.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Heya, yeah I think she just got a bad one and did nothing about it, the battery life was terrible, it wouldnt charge properly, few other issues as well. It was pretty terrible but she didn't know any better and didnt return it or mention it. So basically she is just put off that one, maybe the brand, who knows. I'll just suggest what comes up here. All her requirements were small with a screen to read the songs etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

The Clip Zip screen is a bit better in that respect, supports album art & shows you the current track info, looks nicer than the Clip+ interface imo.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I've suggested that one to her for now. She lvoes that ipod nano 6th gen, so could get a second hand one of them, or something similar new. Depends on if she likes the look of this zip.

If you look around on Youtube there'll be "unboxing" videos & reviews of the Zip & other players, gives you a better idea how they'll look & be to use than just photos.

Thanks, will send on a video too. Screen flickers a bit?

Thanks, will send on a video too. Screen flickers a bit?

I've heard that from some other reviews but never seen it myself. I do know that album art is only supported up to 100kb so maybe if the tags are close to that it could be a problem. Could just be a firmware issue either, just need to download a new version from the Sansa site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I've heard battery life can be affected on some but to be honest, I rockbox them all to get the most out of it.
    Maybe try it on her Clip+ to see how it goes and give it another chance ?

http://www.rockbox.org/

The installer will help install it for you.

• Advertisement

Rockbox is good on the clip+, I will use that. However as with a lot of them another problem was that the + vol button is broken. Rock box at least has volume in the settings...

After having spoken to my mother she basically only wants an mp3player in the shape of the ipod nano 7th gen. http://www.geek.com/apple/ipod-nano-looks-like-a-samsung-mp3-player-from-2007-1515579/ So i'm either getting that or a lookalike, if any exist.

Advertisement