Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone at home broadband help!

• 27-02-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭

I have the Huawei modem for the last 6 mths and the connection has gotten really poor lately. It either wont connect or have to reboot modem up to six times day. When it does connect it either loses connection or has limited access. Seems get worse when I connect to my smartphone at the same time. Am I doing something wrong? I'm so frustrsted with it especially because its costing me every month and Im not getting the use I should be.
    Can anyone solve this for me?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

same crap happening for the last 2 weeks, using the vodafone modem, I'm having to reset the modem 3 or 4 times a day minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭copper04

I had a similar problem with disconnections nearly every night. I was on to Vodafone Tech. Support for another problem and mentioned it to the technician.
    He said it was a common problem with those units but he would install a software upgrade. It took about 10 minutes but to date no more disconnections.
    At least it solved the problem for me. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭homer911

I had these problems a while back - switched back to my old BT Voyager modem and things have improved massively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

copper04 wrote: »
    I had a similar problem with disconnections nearly every night. I was on to Vodafone Tech. Support for another problem and mentioned it to the technician.
    He said it was a common problem with those units but he would install a software upgrade. It took about 10 minutes but to date no more disconnections.
    At least it solved the problem for me. Hope this helps.

will do.
    I have a pain in my balls from resetting the modem they charged 50euro for.
    I was onto them yesterday but whatever minimum wage windowlickers they appear to hire these days only made it worse.
    I suppose they are making a few quid off the helpdesk

Advertisement