Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada Solo

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Just about to board for heathrow and then on to Calgary!

Best of luck to ya Shooter!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kildare263

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering why it took so long for you to get approved for IEC..... From feb when they were released till now????? Did they release more ??????

Hi
    I didn't apply for stage 2 until the week before it had to be submitted by as I knew that I would not be ready to go to Canada until early 2014 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dectyro

Can any1 help.
    Does it matter what state you fly into?? Tink I remember putting BC on the iec applic but gonna head to Alberta. Plus can't decide between Calgary or edmonton!??
    Any advice would b great.
    Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Dectyro wrote: »
    Can any1 help.
    Does it matter what state you fly into?? Tink I remember putting BC on the iec applic but gonna head to Alberta. Plus can't decide between Calgary or edmonton!??
    Any advice would b great.
    Thanks guys

It doesnt matter what state you put in. Got a few mates in Calgary they seem to be loving it so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    It doesnt matter what state you put in. Got a few mates in Calgary they seem to be loving it so far!

For future reference we do not have 'states'. We call them provinces. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

May I ask are you 100% Canadian or partly Irish or? You don't find many Canadians in an Irish forum!

I found this last week and can't stop laughing when I see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0EsYiNA76Q

May I ask are you 100% Canadian or partly Irish or? You don't find many Canadians in an Irish forum!

I'm 100% Canadian born and bred. My folks and grandparents are from the Maritime provinces. I was born in the Weston area of Toronto.

I am here because I wanted to know more about Ireland. I would like to move to Galway one day once I get my current health situation back in order.

I'm also friends with a board.ie member.

At least he mentioned Timmy's in the video....and nooooow I want one.....dammit......eh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

States/Provinces, all the same thing!:D

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    States/Provinces, all the same thing!:D

Actually........ NO! :mad:

What would you say if I said that Ireland was part of the UK? Hmmmmm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭oceanstreet

I'd say you'd be right...the North part :)

As for states/provinces, it's mere wording in my book. If anything, blame the English language :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'd say you'd be right...the North part :)

As for states/provinces, it's mere wording in my book. If anything, blame the English language :P

If you go to their country, you probably should make the effort to speak their lingo in fairness.
    Imagine Canadians coming over here asking us what "State" were we from. We'd mock them and inform them that it's "counties" round here boi.
    It works both ways.

I'm well aware of that, panthro but I and many others posting here aren't there yet. When we do arrive we'll be more educated :D

Hence why I started my previous post with "If" :)

Panthro wrote: »
    If you go to their country, you probably should make the effort to speak their lingo in fairness.
    Imagine Canadians coming over here asking us what "State" were we from. We'd mock them and inform them that it's "counties" round here boi.
    It works both ways.

Just so you know Canadians (people born here) get really annoyed when you refer to a province as a state. Being so close to the United States it tends to ruffle our feathers a little. Not 100% sure why it does but it does.

Thanks for the tip by the way. When I do move to Ireland I will keep in mind that you have counties and not provinces or states. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

to confuse matters further, we do have provinces in ireland

Just so you know Canadians (people born here) get really annoyed when you refer to a province as a state. Being so close to the United States it tends to ruffle our feathers a little. Not 100% sure why it does but it does.

Thanks for the tip by the way. When I do move to Ireland I will keep in mind that you have counties and not provinces or states. :)

Well, Ireland the Island has 4 Provinces, Leinster, Ulster, Munster and Connacht.
    These are then sub divided into counties.Leinster (12) Ulster (9) Munster (6) and Connacht (5). This makes up the 32 counties of Ireland.
    The Republic of Ireland has 26 counties, while Northern Ireland has the remaining 6 counties.
    And I've gone way off topic but there ya go, a wee bit of background of our island!:)

retalivity wrote: »
    to confuse matters further, we do have provinces in ireland

Oh joy.......

<gets out map>

Panthro wrote: »
    Well, Ireland the Island has 4 Provinces, Leinster, Ulster, Munster and Connacht.
    These are then sub divided into counties.Leinster (12) Ulster (9) Munster (6) and Connacht (5). This makes up the 32 counties of Ireland.
    The Republic of Ireland has 26 counties, while Northern Ireland has the remaining 6 counties.
    And I've gone way off topic but there ya go, a wee bit of background of our island!:)

Thanks for the geography lesson. :)

I am so offended you didn't know that, Canadian woman!

Well actually no I'm not, hardly life or death ;)

I am so offended you didn't know that, Canadian woman!

Well actually no I'm not, hardly life or death ;)

Glad I made your night a little heart pounding. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement