Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assaulted by coworker

Options
  • 27-02-2013 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

In December a co worker put her hand to my neck and pinned me up against a wall! I text coworker that night sayin I was v upset by her putting her hand to my neck and we had previously got on well and wanted to go back to this. She called me v apologetic sayin it was cartoony and comic like. But then said she was v pissed off with me at the time and wanted to kill me for a point I had raised at an earlier team meeting.
    My manager had a bereavement and wasn't back till after Xmas. I was unsure what to do and ddnt want this person to loose her job and I ddnt want to be seen as difficult.
    However now co worker is being v passive aggressive and bitchy towards me and I'm desperately unhappy and crying here at work.
    I also ddnt say anything to manager as there is a promotion coming up and if I'm seen as difficult will I not be viewed as eligible!
    Was thinking of telling manager that I want to confide in her but want no action taken? But would she be obliged to follow through on this?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I can't say what will happen, but under no circumstances would I accept violence of any form at work. You are entitled to a place of work free from bullying, where you have the right to respect and dignity at work.

I would report this to your manager. You need to set aside your feelings for your co-worker and if you let this slide, your co-worker may see their actions as acceptable behaviour.

If I were a manager, I would take very little time to consider dismissing this person.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KittyChai

Thanks had enough, fed up o feeling ill and headaches due to stress so spoke in confidence with manager this eve who was v reassuring and extremely supportive! Feel like a weight has been lifted. Will work with manager as how to move forward! Much happier this eve!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KittyChai

Spoke with EAP earlier on today who were a great support also! Great to has that service!

Advertisement