Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying rent to a company

Options
  • 27-02-2013 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭

I have recently moved house and rented through a letting agent. The lease we signed had the landlord down as a private individual and we were told that we'd pay our rent to him in future as the letting agent would not be the managing agent. They said they'd send us a letter with the landlord's bank details for future rent payments. Now I've recieved the letter and it has the landlord down as a company and I'm supposed to pay into the company bank account.

Tbh, I've already had a problem with the letting agent losing my deposit and harrassing me about it extensively just after I'd moved in, then not bothering to let me know when he sorted out his mistake, so my hackles are up a bit. But the set up is making me a bit suspicious. Is paying rent to a company on the level? I'm not sure if the company is the registered owner. It could be as there was originally a plan to build a development on the site of the house. Is there anything I need to be wary about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

iguana wrote: »
    I have recently moved house and rented through a letting agent. The lease we signed had the landlord down as a private individual and we were told that we'd pay our rent to him in future as the letting agent would not be the managing agent. They said they'd send us a letter with the landlord's bank details for future rent payments. Now I've recieved the letter and it has the landlord down as a company and I'm supposed to pay into the company bank account.

Tbh, I've already had a problem with the letting agent losing my deposit and harrassing me about it extensively just after I'd moved in, then not bothering to let me know when he sorted out his mistake, so my hackles are up a bit. But the set up is making me a bit suspicious. Is paying rent to a company on the level? I'm not sure if the company is the registered owner. It could be as there was originally a plan to build a development on the site of the house. Is there anything I need to be wary about?

Theres nothing to be concerned about tbh, for a professional landlord with a reasonable sized portfolio it would make sense to be a Vat registered company

Advertisement