Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Filan's Gaff up for Sale

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Personally, I'd do the same.
    I care about me and my family.
    Selfish and blunt, but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

1100010110 wrote: »
    He is due to exit bankruptcy in June, first single is out in July.
    He will cease to have any creditors once he exits bankruptcy, any earnings are not liable to repay previous debts, as these have been erased by the bankruptcy process.
    Not that up on the law,this is what I don't understand?He declared himself Bankrupt in England,does that not mean he is still owes the debt here?Like I said,I know very little about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Not that up on the law,this is what I don't understand?He declared himself Bankrupt in England,does that not mean he is still owes the debt here?Like I said,I know very little about this.

Bankruptcy lasts a grand total of 365 days in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭1100010110

,does that not mean he is still owes the debt here?
    No, no debt of any amount is owed anywhere, any money earned afterwards stays in his pocket. If any assets which were not declared at the time of the bankruptcy proceedings are discovered/realised, then they would be liable to recover debts prior to the bankruptcy.
    If I ever have to declare myself bankrupt, and can afford to do so, I hope I'm married to a millionaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

What about all the people and their families who have been owed money by Shane Filan and others? People forget that real people are often behind the money owed in these cases who have mortgages and kids too. They cannot head off to england for a year and live in a £2m+ house and resume their career to make more millions. It all well and good saying he deserves a chance but he made a fortune,lost it due to greed and walked away. He somehow managed to build a mansion in Sligo that in no way fitted in with any other houses in the area while Sligo county council where torturing ordinary joe soups over bay windows in family homes,he drove around sligo for 10 years in aston martins,bentleys...on UK plates no questions asked about VRT???The fact that he appears to have gutted the house also does not say much for him. Ireland has been very good to Shane I think he has been given plenty of chances already.

• Advertisement
Advertisement