Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should we introduce snakes back into the wild in Ireland?

2»

Comments

Are there snakes in Iceland?

Are there snakes in Iceland?

No.

Iceland, Ireland and New Zealand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

wish we did have snakes in Ireland. Also, if they can survive in Scotland and England, then they can definitely survive here. They are the only countries it seems with equally wet weather to us. Worth noting which surprises some people that London has more rainfall days every year than Dublin.

I think snakes would surviver here no problem, no extreme cold in winter to worry about and plenty of prey items, mice / rats / frogs etc.

I would never keep a snake as a pet but I do find them fascinating creatures. Amazing how they have adapted to pretty much every environment possible.

It's not our climate that has kept us snake free! This is a nice article about why Ireland has no snakes:
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/scope/SCOPE4_show03_snakes.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I would rather not have snakes to be honest, would freak the crap out of me if I stood on one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

JJayoo wrote: »
    I would rather not have snakes to be honest, would freak the crap out of me if I stood on one.

It wouldn't be good for the snake either.

It wouldn't be good for the snake either.

Lol, I almost did stand on one in the south of France, scared the bejayus out off me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Why has this thread come Slitherin back? -5 points for Gryffindor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Hissterical thread BTW.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

topper75 wrote: »
    The Burren has a 'slow worm' - a poor man's version of a snake (legless lizard). It will have to do you for the meantime.
    It's been done already but I can't resist

Snakes on a plain \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

We should get dangerous snakes from Oz sent over, spice things up a bit.

And crocs, crikey.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Great idea, introduce snakes to keep the grey squirrel population down. Problem solved :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

A few anacondas would be perfect to keep the deer population in the Phoenix Park :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

paddys day could also be whacking day

Advertisement