Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds drive-thru restaurant for Ballincollig

Options
  • 27-02-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,634 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.eveningecho.ie/2013/02/27/ballincollig-mcdonalds-drives-on/
    Up to 60 new jobs will be created in Ballincollig after planning permission was granted for a new McDonalds drive-thru restaurant in Ballincollig.
    It will be located at the overflow car park of the Aldi supermarket near the East Gate junction.
    The drive-thru had been refused planning permission by Cork County Council but McDonalds had appealed the decision to An Bord Pleanála, which has now given it the go-ahead.
    The fast-food chain are planning to build a single storey drive-thru along with 70 parking spaces, set down parking, a bike stand and outdoor seating.

:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

<insert horse joke here>

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pete4355

did this Mcdonalds open in the end? its not listed on McDs website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I wonder why if they got planning permission. That is usually the most difficult hurdle they encounter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

AFAIK, they'll be starting construction soon. They have only sorted their planning compliance few weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

They got planning permission but haven't started work yet.

A separate planning application has been lodged by Aldi to expand their car park onto the plaza. So maybe they are waiting for that permission to come through before starting on McDonalds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

The site is now boarded up and looks like work is beginning...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The new Ballincolllig McDonalds opened in January. I wonder if anyone posting on this thread have been in there yet? Apparently it's one of the biggest drive thrus in the country, able to seat 170 customers inside and with Internet access tablets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

JupiterKid wrote: »
    The new Ballincolllig McDonalds opened in January. I wonder if anyone posting on this thread have been in there yet? Apparently it's one of the biggest drive thrus in the country, able to seat 170 customers inside and with Internet access tablets.

Have you a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Ive been in a few times. Anytime after school is finished is manic. Its got a small play area for the kids and about 5/6 ipads in a corner that you can use while eating. Its also got self service touchscreens as you walk in the door. Tap away at what you want and pay with your card. Your reciept has a number like argos and you wait to be called when your order is ready. I used it once and the screen and the background were out by about 1cm meaning you had to tap under what you wanted instead of on it. Its easier to go to the till.
    Not sure about it being one of the biggest around, its not small, but doesnt seem huge either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

As McDonalds go, it's very nice inside, but the staff could do with a LOT more training. I find them very slow and more interested in talking to each other. Any time we've used the drive thru we've had to park up and wait for the food to be delivered to us. One evening I counted 6 cars waiting for delivery from the drive thru and then it turned out the orders were wrong because reg numbers got mixed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

iv'e been there 3 times, had different burgers every time. Don't think I ever had such tasty and fresh burgers in any Mdonalds in Cork or Dublin. A+ for he taste :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

rubicon99 wrote: »
    iv'e been there 3 times, had different burgers every time. Don't think I ever had such tasty and fresh burgers in any Mdonalds in Cork or Dublin. A+ for he taste :)

Fresh and tasty in mcdonalds? Thats a rarity. You can see all the burgers being kept warm in heaters out the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Is the work by Musgrave Park going to be a drive through aswell or just a sit in McDonalds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

drive through, but with limited hours like ballincollig.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I've been to the Ballincollig one and the self service bit is cool, but the system /layout is flawed.

If you are at the back of the resturant you cannot see the screen which shows what order is ready, therefore you have to go up and check a few times or wait there, making the self service collection a bit useless. Happened me with kids and was a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Henry94

It's been open a while now and they still don't seem to be organised. They get the orders wrong constantly and the drive through more often than not ask you to park up and wait.

My son ordered 2 burgers, 1 nuggets, 1 chips to take away yesterday. Arrived home, opened the bag... no burgers. When he went back he got a casual "oh right, sorry about that".

Why oh why do they constantly get the orders wrong?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Did ye not check the order before leaving.. Always do shame to hear they aren't up to scratch, we called in one day and had a loverly chap at the counter had no problems... It sounds like from reports it may be one like blackpool. I cant see how they operate everytime we go in there they get it wrong they are so bad

Milly33 wrote: »
    Did ye not check the order before leaving.. Always do shame to hear they aren't up to scratch, we called in one day and had a loverly chap at the counter had no problems... It sounds like from reports it may be one like blackpool. I cant see how they operate everytime we go in there they get it wrong they are so bad

If it was me I would have checked it but he's 15 and still trusting. :-)

I was I there another day and used the self service machine to place an order for 3 people. When I put my card in the machine I got an error message so I called over a staff member. "Oh ya" sez he, "that machine is broken. It takes orders but won't accept any cards". I politely suggested that the machine be shut off or/and an out of order sign be put on it. He shrugged his shoulders and walked off. I rolled my eyes and joined the queue.

• Advertisement

Bless...

Sounds a bit dodgey so, which is a shame... I must say I was quite like uhhh the doors open for you! Mystified is the word when we first went in but maybe we just got them on a good day.. I hate seeing the game console things there but I suppose if it keeps the kids happy... Hopefully they are just teething problems and they will sort it out.. I just cannot see how you can get it wrong,

Nothing a bit of proper.staff training and competent management wouldn't sort out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Milly33 wrote: »
    Bless...

Sounds a bit dodgey so, which is a shame... I must say I was quite like uhhh the doors open for you! Mystified is the word when we first went in but maybe we just got them on a good day.. I hate seeing the game console things there but I suppose if it keeps the kids happy... Hopefully they are just teething problems and they will sort it out.. I just cannot see how you can get it wrong,

Maybe it's just me, but when the kids f**k off for half an hour to the pads and play area, I nearly start to enjoy the experience

That's just so nicely put Roger.. Man we called into the one in town the old blue one on Monday just to get coffee and sit down after my sis done the marathon (had to say that :) so proud) and jes they are fairly shocking in there too. They don't seem to realise that there is another area beyond what the eye can see, so tidy up is a now and the staff are just like whatever...

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

My son ordered 2 burgers, 1 nuggets, 1 chips to take away yesterday. Arrived home, opened the bag... no burgers. When he went back he got a casual "oh right, sorry about that".

Why oh why do they constantly get the orders wrong?!

Watch Lethal Weapon 2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

They gave us extra large chips once.

Advertisement