Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most sought after tattoo Artists

• 27-02-2013 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks
    Just wondering who are the most sought after tattoo artists in Ireland to get work done by,
    Do we have many elite guys ?
    I mean no disrespect but a lot of artist's work seam's to be average which is no shame at all it just doesn't seem many stand out from the rest ,

I'm well aware tattoo's are personal and one that have immense meaning to someone may seem daft to someone else, So I mean more in a art from sense is there many guys in the country that are extremely talented who's tattoo work is amazing ,

Any thoughts

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Remis, Joe Myler and Ross Nagle are probably the 3 with the longest waiting lists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Chris in White Dragon is booked out well into 2014 already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭piercingdanny

If you're using waiting lists as the benchmark for being sought after then I'm usually waiting about 6-8 weeks to get an appointment with my artist <shill>. I know her waiting list is only getting longer and longer.

If you're using waiting lists as the benchmark for being sought after then I'm usually waiting about 6-8 weeks to get an appointment with my artist <shill>. I know her waiting list is only getting longer and longer.

Bit mental to wait that long to get work of such poor standard especially considering you could just get her to work on you after you close her shop :rolleyes:

Yeah, I wouldn't say Eimear's work is poor, but it doesn't make sense when you compare her waiting list to say, Stephen Kennedy's in Galway bay. Shows the power in having a good media presence, most people who know just a little about tattooing in Ireland know the name Eimear Kearney somehow or another, I'd imagine it's probably the same for the resident artists in Dublin Ink, not great artists but I bet they have long enough waiting lists cause the shop is so well known.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I wouldn't say Eimear's work is poor, but it doesn't make sense when you compare her waiting list to say, Stephen Kennedy's in Galway bay. Shows the power in having a good media presence, most people who know just a little about tattooing in Ireland know the name Eimear Kearney somehow or another, I'd imagine it's probably the same for the resident artists in Dublin Ink, not great artists but I bet they have long enough waiting lists cause the shop is so well known.

I was more embarassed by him having to wait 8 weeks for his girlfriend to tattoo him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Should I have heard of her before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Chikablam

I've never heard of her either

If you've been to a convention you'll know her.

No, I didn't say anybody has to have heard of anything. But I reckon through online stuff, magazines and working at conventions she's done a pretty good job of getting her name across the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I have of course been to a convention, but i seem to have miissed this woman.

ps, I think the average standard in Ireland is on a par with the rest of europe, maybe better. Given population size.

ps, I think the average standard in Ireland is on a par with the rest of europe, maybe better. Given population size.

Yeah this, I was bit stumped when I read this in the OP;
    I mean no disrespect but a lot of artist's work seam's to be average which is no shame at all it just doesn't seem many stand out from the rest ,

Ireland has a lot of bad artists too, as does as any place. More difficult for a bad/average artist's work in another country to make it onto your computer screen etc. here in Ireland. But Chris in White Dragon has said on his facebook that he's gone a full working week without actually tattooing anybody from Ireland and I'd imagine it's the same for Remis. Robert Witczuk had a lengthy enough waiting list and has actually stopped taking bookings altogether for now. There's plenty of big names here in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Folks please, if you see someone spamming/shilling, or think they may be, then please report the post, rather than confronting them about it on the thread.
    It's bad enough them spamming/shilling without continuing to give them free publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SudyAJ

Ive had a couple of piece's done by Joe Myler ....JMD's Bodyart and he is amazing,he has alot of his artwork up on his site,very well known and highly respected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I actually like Eimear Kearney's work :o, think she's good at what she does and really makes her colours pop as they say. As far as I know she has got recogonition in England aswell with being published in magazines?

Most sought after would have to be Remis, Joe Myler, Chris Crooks and Ross Nagle. Im a huge fan of Remis work.

But there are also plenty of other talented artists in Ireland.

I like Pawel aswell but only for black and grey, personally not a fan of his colour work. Cris Gherman is one of my favorites aswell even if he is only here for a few more weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I'd like to throw Danny Bullman into the mix, even though he is living in Austria the last few years he is still an Irish Artist! He is in my opinion one of the most versatile Irish artists! there's nothing the guy cant do! Portraits, black and grey, colour, old school, Japanese, you name it!! and he is brilliant at all of it!! He is very highly regarded in the industry and has won multiple awards at conventions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

second for Danny bullman, he's fantastic.

I also love Eimear Kearney, Remis, Ross Nagle, Rob Mulligan, Cris Gherman and although I'm not personally a fan of his style of work, Chris up in Belfast (already mentioned) does fantastic work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

gregers85 wrote: »
    I'd like to throw Danny Bullman into the mix, even though he is living in Austria

Now there's a name even a complete noob like me has heard. A mate who has had a fair bit of work done swears by him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Melion wrote: »
    Bit mental to wait that long to get work of such poor standard especially considering you could just get her to work on you after you close her shop :rolleyes:

Just to clarify, PiercingDanny has clarified to me that he has no connection to Eimear Kearney, other than getting tattooed by her.

As I wasn't quite swallowing the answers I'd gotten, following Admin investigation, PiercingDanny has been site-banned for shilling the studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Didn't realize Ross Nagle has such a long waiting list :o Knew he was very highly thought of but I got a tattoo done by him about year and a half ago and was only waiting about 2 weeks I think - must have got lucky :D It's an amazing tattoo though, he knew what I wanted and added bits in to make it "complete"

Got my other done in Danny Bullman's but not by him obviously cos he was gone by then, it was by the Dutch guy. You can say a lot of things about Limerick but one thing is for sure you'll get a decent tattoo down here :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

What the hell did I miss in this thread edited posts left right and centre :pac::confused:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I'll text ya ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Didn't realize Ross Nagle has such a long waiting list :o Knew he was very highly thought of but I got a tattoo done by him about year and a half ago and was only waiting about 2 weeks I think - must have got lucky :D It's an amazing tattoo though, he knew what I wanted and added bits in to make it "complete"

Got my other done in Danny Bullman's but not by him obviously cos he was gone by then, it was by the Dutch guy. You can say a lot of things about Limerick but one thing is for sure you'll get a decent tattoo down here :D

Ross only takes bookings 2-3 weeks in advance because he travels a lot to the UK and to the States tattooing so doesn't commit to anything past that usually!!

My brother got a nice tattoo from that dutch lad as well (cant member his name! haha)!! he no longer works in bullmans either he's gone to europe some where too

Don was the Dutch guy in bullmans, went to New York

Advertisement