Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

preventing landline being moved away from Eircom

Options
  • 27-02-2013 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi, I'm with Eircom for phone and broadband.  Yesterday a sales guy called to my door from Pure Telecom and I signed a new contract with them.  However, by yesterday evening I changed my mind and sent their sales department an email confirming cancellation of the contract as the cooling off period is in effect.  They have so far ignored my emails.  How do I prevent these guys taking control of my line.  The law is clear, if you are in the cooling off period and I am, I changed my mind the very same day that I signed up.   So what do I need to do next to ensure I stay with Eircom for phone and broadband.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi, I'm with Eircom for phone and broadband.  Yesterday a sales guy called to my door from Pure Telecom and I signed a new contract with them.  However, by yesterday evening I changed my mind and sent their sales department an email confirming cancellation of the contract as the cooling off period is in effect.  They have so far ignored my emails.  How do I prevent these guys taking control of my line.  The law is clear, if you are in the cooling off period and I am, I changed my mind the very same day that I signed up.   So what do I need to do next to ensure I stay with Eircom for phone and broadband.

Hi jamesfoley3

Unfortunately the best advice I can offer is to contact the customer service department by phone to ensure the cancellation of this (I would further advise googleing their name and obtaining their number from their website?)  as there is nothing eircom can do to prevent this happening. You are indeed correct about the cooling off period and service providers are obliged to follow this rule. 

Best wishes

Al

Advertisement