Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC visa with spouse?

Options
  • 27-02-2013 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

hi

has anyone applied for the IEC visa who is married or in a common-law relationship?

my wife is not eligible to apply for her own IEC visa, so do I tick 'yes' or 'no' in the 2nd stage forms for her to accompany me to Canada?

I thought that the IEC visa was a 'non-accompanying' visa as such but the fact there is an option to tick 'yes or 'no' has confused me

she will come over with me but we're aware she can't work or anything on my visa

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Just deleted this post. I gave wrong info :) I took some screen shots a few weeks ago of info about this on the cic website. I'll upload them once I find them.

Here ya go. This is what you need to do. There's nothing about this on the Irish site. I think this is from their French site. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bluejay01

thanks very much for that Lima Golf

I did a bit of digging last night and found similar info on the Australian and NZ IEC sites that said the same thing as your attachments so I'll defo be ticking 'no'

no idea why this isn't on the Irish site

• Registered Users Posts: 25 7drunkennights

I clicked yes for my common law partner, ( she's Canadian so I don't know if that had anything to do with it ) and got accepted.

I clicked yes for my common law partner, ( she's Canadian so I don't know if that had anything to do with it ) and got accepted.

Thanks, I'm guessing the fact your partner is Canadian made a difference? I can't remember if the forms ask for spouses nationality or not?

I think it's probably safer to tick no still

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 7drunkennights

I don't think it made much of a difference but I think you are right to check no. The fact that I checked yes and got my LOI just shows that maybe it's not a big deal. maybe...

I ticked no. My "common law partner" did the same. I got my loi but he's still waiting on his. We're a little different to you in that we are both eligible for iec visas and sent seperate applications.

application is now submitted with 'no' ticked, so fingers crossed

thanks again for your replies

Good luck!! Hope you get it! We both got our last week. They seem to be going through them very quickly.

Advertisement