Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I let the scumbags in.

• 27-02-2013 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Was having a smoke at the door to my apartment block last night about midnight and two scumbags walked in past me saying they wanted to talk to Eddie. Just got a knock in from my neighbour who lives upstairs and he said all the clothes and stuff they had out drying had been taken from the hallway.

It's one of the thickest things I've done this year.

Anyone got any kind words?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

What kind of muppet puts their clothes to dry in a hallway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

no, you fcuked up big time. Did you tell him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Who's Eddie?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

You were trying to be kind and you neighbour is an idiot for leaving their clothes "and stuff" in a common area?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

How do you know some other fúcker in the apartment block didn't knick those clothes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Where To wrote: »
    Who's Eddie?

Didnt there used to be a Dublin band who used to go by that name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Was having a smoke at the door to my apartment block last night about midnight and two scumbags walked in past me saying they wanted to talk to Eddie. Just got a knock in from my neighbour who lives upstairs and he said all the clothes and stuff they had out drying had been taken from the hallway.

It's one of the thickest things I've done this year.

Anyone got any kind words?

What were you gonna do. Tell them "no you can't talk to Eddie"? Your neighbour is a muppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

kylith wrote: »

That's an issue for another thread I suppose.
    sweetie wrote: »
    no, you fcuked up big time. Did you tell him?

Of course and I apoligised.
    I'm thinking a sorry card and 50 euro to make up for it?
    Who's Eddie?

The person the scumbags pretended they were going in to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

You were looking for trouble wearing his best hoodie when you answered the door to him.

• Advertisement

• kylith wrote: »

The kind of people who think they live somewhere civilised? My neighbours have their BBQ outside their apartment, others have their bikes propped up in the hallway and we all dry our clothes on the communal terrace. Shock horror, a civilised country!

That's an issue for another thread I suppose.

The person the scumbags pretended they were going in to see.
    Yeah but who is he? Does he live there? What is his relationship with the scumbags?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Is there any evidence that the people you let in are the people who stole his clothes? The lads could actually have been going to see someone called Eddie, and your neighbours clothes could well have been stolen by someone living in the building. Maybe someone hacked off with him blocking corridors with clothes horses full of damp Y-fronts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

"Ya keep up the good work, You keep your nose clean, and I'll talk to the fellas... See what we can do about gettin'ya a pass."
    — Eddie Scarpa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

You've learnt a valuable lesson. Security procedures only work when they're enforced every time. That's the reason for the door.

Learn from it and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Yeah but who is he? Does he live there? What is his relationship with the scumbags?

Eddie doesn't exist, I should have copped it.
    kylith wrote: »
    Is there any evidence that the people you let in are the people who stole his clothes? The lads could actually have been going to see someone called Eddie, and your neighbours clothes could well have been stolen by someone living in the building. Maybe someone hacked off with him blocking corridors with clothes horses full of damp Y-fronts.

They took clothes from the two apartments on the 1st floor, the neighbour who called to me earlier came back from work while they were in the process of taking the clothes so it was definitely the two scumbags. We also described the two of them the same, tall, drunk and scumbaggy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

The kind of people who think they live somewhere civilised? My neighbours have their BBQ outside their apartment, others have their bikes propped up in the hallway and we all dry our clothes on the communal terrace. Shock horror, a civilised country!

I'm not sure a country where people think a hall and a terrace are the same thing is really civilised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I once had a roommate called Eddie. Crazy, crazy man. He used to watch me sleep :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

you're not supposed to block the common areas...you're possibly in breach of your lease and effecting your block policy. nothing to do with how civilised people are...its so there are no obstructions in an emergency.

that aside...don't feel too bad you weren't to know..beat time just tell people to buzz the person they're visiting on the intercom.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Could have been worse OP, they could have shot someone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

BOHtox wrote: »
    I once had a roommate called Eddie. Crazy, crazy man. He used to watch me sleep :eek::eek:

He wasn't also fond of the old soapbar and follically challenged by any chance?. The crazy Ed I knew was also prone to roaring his lungs out with a few beers in him?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Sorry didn't see video clip in s**tty IE in work. Ignore previous post.

• psinno wrote: »
    I'm not sure a country where people think a hall and a terrace are the same thing is really civilised.

There are clothes in the hallways as well. Plenty of space, so not obstructing anyone or causing a fire risk. The (fairly obvious) point was that it is perfectly normal to leave your stuff in the communal areas and not expect it to be nicked, but well done for missing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Thank God!! It was Cork.

I thought for a moment it happened in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

did no one spot the scumbags leaving with a sh*t load of wet clothes and think hmm that's odd:confused:

I am sure they weren't going to see "Eddie" just to get some clothes.
    Could of been a lot worse imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Eddie doesn't exist, I should have copped it.

They took clothes from the two apartments on the 1st floor, the neighbour who called to me earlier came back from work while they were in the process of taking the clothes so it was definitely the two scumbags. We also described the two of them the same, tall, drunk and scumbaggy.

Maybe they looked scumbaggy cause they were wearing wet clothes..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 240 ✭✭The Barefoot Pizza Thief

Was having a smoke at the door to my apartment block last night about midnight and two scumbags walked in past me saying they wanted to talk to Eddie.

When they walked upstairs, did you then hear them pretend to talk to someone and say: "Eddie are you okay? Are you okay Eddie"?

If so, you've been hit by, some smooth criminals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

When they walked upstairs, did you then hear them pretend to talk to someone and say: "Eddie are you okay? Are you okay Eddie"?

If so, you've been hit by, some smooth criminals.

r/l pmsl :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

It was bound to happen sooner or later OP, I wouldn't feel too bad if i were you. I don't think you should be handing over any money anyway. You are not the thief here.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 329 ✭✭Cereal Number

You need Warren G to Regulate

..just tell people to buzz the person they're visiting on the intercom.

Be surprised how many people living in Apartments don't do that though. Last apartment complex I lived in people would just be let in if they were coming in at the same time as another. Was a rough area though and people just didn't like confronting strangers and telling them they couldn't just slip in while the door was open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

I think the lesson we all need to take from this, and it's an important one to maintain standards in this wild world we live in, is to shoot anyone who wants to come in and speak to Eddie. Any Eddie. Jock snafflers need to be stopped. Our clothes need protecting. These lowlifes will stop at nothing to get their hands on your fashion. Shoot them, ask questions later. Our chinos will thank us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

The other people that live there will be able to walk through the hall without walking into some morons underwear. You should get a medal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Who's Eddie?

Saw it sprayed on a brick wall. "Who's Eddie?

that wall has since decayed and crumbled over time but nobody knew when they were relevant either. let alone if or how

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm Eddie and I want my fcukin' boxers back ya sleeveen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

This type of crime sickens me and its going to get worse with all the Garda Stations closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Who's Eddie?

edit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

This type of crime sickens me and its going to get worse with all the Garda Stations closed.
    It sickens me too. Used clothes. Ugh. Well pov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

What kind of lame-o criminals steal someone else's wet clothes?

Why? The Gardai don't hang their washing in the stations do they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

I remember once before my next door neighbour knocked into my house screaming that I'd stolen the clothes off her line. I got such a fright I almost shat her pants.

winston82 wrote: »
    I remember once before my next door neighbour knocked into my house screaming that I'd stolen the clothes off her line. I got such a fright I almost shat her pants.
    I remember once someone stole my joke and I hunted him down and killed him with a teaspoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

I remember once someone stole my joke and I hunted him down and killed him with a teaspoon.

You're claiming ownership of that joke because you started a thread with it?

tut tut

winston82 wrote: »
    You're claiming ownership of that joke because you started a thread with it?

tut tut
    Why yes, for all you know I could be world's biggest joke thinker upper.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

There are clothes in the hallways as well. Plenty of space, so not obstructing anyone or causing a fire risk. The (fairly obvious) point was that it is perfectly normal to leave your stuff in the communal areas and not expect it to be nicked, but well done for missing it.

Well no you see you are wrong. The management company can remove any items from the common area without any prior notice what so ever so your personal items can be taken and it is completely legal to do so.
    As for them not being a fire hazard...what happens if some scumbag accesses the common area and sets them (the clothes) alight, im pretty sure that's a fire hazard.
    The common areas belong to the management company and therefore you are not entitled to leave any personal items in them, simple.

blacklilly wrote: »
    im pretty sure that's a fire hazard.

John Bender, is that you?

Advertisement