Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex playing Games

• 27-02-2013 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

i met my ex Boyfriend in the 14th of august 2011, the usual boy stares at boy, boy says hello kiss exchange numbers, go on a first date get on well, then the second date sleep together,become inseparable,cheeky text messages drunk nights filled with drunk passionate sex, dinner after work at mine, lovely weekends together then the drama began.

he was recently out, and to get away from his family he moved out to south africa, dated a girl there, and this girl was stalking him after he came back to dublin, he then asked me to "pretend to be his boyfriend so she would get the message" i said yes,i was deeply in love by that stage, and after that he never respected me again.

he uploaded many pictures of us together on facebook, introduced me to his friends and family,we went on holidays,he eventually found a job and i could see the changes on him. i felt like i was in a episode of eastenders.he then went to edinburgh, met a guy on a night out and had unprotected sex with him.

we went to a party and everybody knew about the other scottish guy and eventually someone told me. we broke up, cheating is a deal breaker for me

in november we decided to give it another chance, but then he would always say to me that he couldn't see us as a long term relationship, that i am not the man he would marry, because we don't have a bond. in december he broke up with me 5 times, then rang me back hours later or drove to my house to apologize. we went on holidays in january, for my birthday,there he broke up with me again, and though it was cool to upload a picture of me having a shower on facebook. i decided then to put an end to it and have no contact, but now he is texting me saying our sex is amazing and that we can be friends with benefits. i dont know what to do,i certainly dont want him back but dont want to go all Naomi campbell on him and look like the crazy one, and i also dont want to give him any more chances to hurt me.please help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭bikeman1

If it was me I would cut him off completely and move on. You don't deserve to be messed about like that. You are better than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

He's only interested in sex with you nothing more, so you can either go along with that or just say no and move on.
    Seems pretty straight forward to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Block him on facebook and change your number

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Block him on facebook and change your number
    People alway tell me this too! Oh "block him and change your number" but why should we change our numbers ? We are being the ones annoyed/ chased ofter and changing numbers is a pain in the ass and means loosing contacts! Ive had my current number for around 10 years and i dont intend to change it! So why is there not an option to block someones number on your phone like there is on facebook! There should be ! especially considering all the recent issues with cyber bullying .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,539 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

if you could block him on your phone then he'd ring you at work, which is hardly an improvement.

There's nothing you can do, I'm afraid. You've already told him to sod off; at this stage all you can do is screen his calls and not take them, delete his voicemails unlistened-to, and his texts unread. Eventually he'll get bored.

He needs a friend who will tell him that he is being a psycho dickhead, but as you are not his friend, and don't want to be, you cannot be that person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Gandolfini

Stop being a bitch.. is it any wonder you're being ****ed about? Have a read of you're initial post. Would you want to be around somebody that sounds like that? No man wants a woman who complains all the time which is exactly what you're doing! Harden up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Gandolfini wrote: »
    Stop being a bitch.. is it any wonder you're being ****ed about? Have a read of you're initial post. Would you want to be around somebody that sounds like that? No man wants a woman who complains all the time which is exactly what you're doing! Harden up!

This is not in anyway useful. I've given you an infraction and Don't post in this thread again

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭johnreck

sounds like this person is not good for you, if you value yourself and your dignity just forget him.
    seems like you put a lot of effort into the relationship, but sometimes you just have to walk away as hard as that may be.
    you can have his number blocked from your mobile and this will also block texts, unfriend him on face book.
    and if he does call you at work or home just hang up without a word spoken. no ranting or raving, no engagement of any kind.
    if he wont stop or keeps calling to your house you do have the option of going to the police and they will be sympathetic to you.
    most likely will just initially have a quite word with him and that usually puts an end to, well lets say undesirable behavior.
    figure out what you want then do what you must.

Advertisement