Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

police certificate mess

Options
  • 27-02-2013 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

was told that the police certificate had to be valid from 12 months of applying, but after submitting my application with my certificate which was issued in June 2012, i read on the cic website that it must be issued within three months of your application.

Can anyone suggest what to do or is my application gonna be rejected/pushed back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

dean.kiely wrote: »
    was told that the police certificate had to be valid from 12 months of applying, but after submitting my application with my certificate which was issued in June 2012, i read on the cic website that it must be issued within three months of your application.

Can anyone suggest what to do or is my application gonna be rejected/pushed back?

who knows, they may contact you for another one issued in the last 3 months, have you applied for another one? is it just the garda cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dean.kiely

no i was told that one within 12 months would be grand.

it is a UK certificate. is all hope lost or is it likely they may simply contact me for an updated certificate?

has anyone had any experience of submitting an "out of date" police certificate before?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

no i was told that one within 12 months would be grand.

it is a UK certificate. is all hope lost or is it likely they may simply contact me for an updated certificate?

has anyone had any experience of submitting an "out of date" police certificate before?

sorry mate whoever told you that within 12 months is mistaken its within 3 months,
    Could you try contacting them not sure if it would help?
    I also applied for a uk cert and took about a week or so to get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 7drunkennights

Wait and see if they request more information. It wouldn't help to apply for another one in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I think they just changed it to three months this year. It used to be 12 months before. Probably because the postal applications used to take much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 dean.kiely

what would be the recommended number to call for something like this. even the contact us section on the cic is a ****ing pickle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Accrual Intentions

I think its likely they are going to ask you for another cert at the very least. You should apply for a new one when you can - I know its another £40 or whatever but will have to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

what would be the recommended number to call for something like this. even the contact us section on the cic is a ****ing pickle

The CIC website are useless for getting back to people. Try the Irish Canadian Immigration Centre's facebook page. They're usually very helpful and prompt with their replies.

Advertisement