Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days where you feel stuck in a rut

Options
  • 27-02-2013 5:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭

The last few days have been really productive and I have got a lot of things done and sorted out. However today I feel listless & just don't seem to be productive at all. What do people do when they run their own business in such a situation? How do they get through the day? I am sure there are many people just starting with their business in a similar situation as myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

A good brisk walk in the cold night, focus your thoughts on what needs to be done. Get home. Open bottle of wine, relax. Go to bed. Wake up in the morning and start again.

Everyone is allowed an off day once in a while, don't worry about it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Say "sod it" and do something completely unrelated. I usually choose from (a) play a musical instrument; (b) hack my way through some part of my bramble-infested garden; (c) go out, anywhere, and see what jumps in front of me.

My biggest problem (especially with b. and c.) it that I usually come back with more ideas/inspiration/solutions than I have time to follow up on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭topdog8

Part of my background is in coaching, life & business executive. I also go to see a coach its amazing the turn-around it can have on your thinking. Each morning I get up and in the car or gym I listen to motivational stuff, keeps me going and positive, ideas coming from everywhere.
    Youtube a guy called Les Brown. He will make you smile

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

Yep, thankfully these days come once in a while. However hearing suggestions and listening to motivational stuff or just going for a walk/cycle is really beneficial. I agree also in the "sod it" attitude. If you ain't doing anything positive with your work, then get out and do something positive like a walk on the beach! Another thing that I find helps sometimes is looking at my friends writing in facebook. They have some funny videos which help when things are not going well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭topdog8

micromary wrote: »
    Yep, thankfully these days come once in a while. However hearing suggestions and listening to motivational stuff or just going for a walk/cycle is really beneficial. I agree also in the "sod it" attitude. If you ain't doing anything positive with your work, then get out and do something positive like a walk on the beach! Another thing that I find helps sometimes is looking at my friends writing in facebook. They have some funny videos which help when things are not going well.

Do you ever notice that facebook by the day is becoming more and more negative, place for ppl to offload issues, horrible videos of abuse etc.
    The amount of cyber bullying is epidemic.

I have adopted, no news, no news papers, no radio, delete negative people. If there is news I really need to find out. It will come to me

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

Yes I agree with you re Facebook. However I am lucky enough to have friends who put up witty comments and funny videos. It helps!

As regards news, it is really depressing going into the city centre and seeing all those guys selling the the Evening Herald. Looking at the front page would make anybody automatically depressed and suicidal. I am trying to find out when they had a last decent positive front page cover on that rag.

Advertisement