Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bonesetter in rathkeale

• 27-02-2013 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭

Ive heard about this guy and wondering have many people been to him?
    i have terrible problems with my back and shoulder and need to get it sorted. have been to loads of physio and whatnot.
    do bonesetters just deal with bones? mine is a more a muscle problem
    are they painful? manhandle you around the place like!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

jo williams. fantastic. we carried my mam in as she was so bad with back pain. she came out walking, stiff but after a few days was flying it. as i sat there watching her being treated, he could tell i had a small twinge too- nothing too bad. cant remember what we gave him in money. that is 15yr ago i suppose. he is a butcher by trade !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

Dear god do not go to a bonesetter! Continue with physio change if needs be to a different physio go to your gp ask for a referral to a appropriate consultant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Dear god do not go to a bonesetter! Continue with physio change if needs be to a different physio go to your gp ask for a referral to a appropriate consultant

And just continue to give the physio loads of dosh, and you never know, he might recommend his friend, another physio...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

You can go to any physio you like or ask around but a physio is actually trained unlike a 'bonesetter'
    I speak as someone whos aunt has been using a crutch for the last 10 years after visiting a 'bonesetter'
    Okay maybe she would still not be fully right if she had continued with the physio butvshe wouldnt be ruined either
    Theres no quick fix with your body

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I've only ever heard great things about him. Sister went to him 4 weeks ago after been out of work a week from doing in her back, Of course, the Doctor gave her painkillers as is their want. Off she went out to Rathkeale with my dad driving as she was too bad to drive herself. Came hopping out and has been flying since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

It will probably be the best 5 to 20euro you will ever spend.
    A mate of mine who could not turn his neck or touch his toes was out on the golf course
    a week later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Jofspring

My father, grandfather, grandmother, cousin, uncle have all gone to him. A lad I know that used to own a furniture business used to send all his movers out there too for back problems. My father always had back pains and pains in his leg, have not been at him since going to Joe. My grandfather has been ten times better but not 100%, Joe could even tell he had had an injury in his foot from playing rugby 50 years ago. My my grandmother has been way better but still required surgery for hips so hasn't been back to him in years. My cousin found himself much better since visiting joe after complaining a lot with back problems. My uncle is an extreme case as he broke nearly every bone in his body in a crash. He doesn't get much relief but Joe helped loosen him up a lot.

It's worth giving him a go. He is at it for years and does not charge. You can leave a donation of whatever you choose and most people seem to leave between 10-20euro. If you go out and are dodgy about it or unsure about what he says the problem is then you can always just say you'd like to leave it and go somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

thanks for replys.
    anyone have his number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

does he not answer his phone?
    have rang a couple of times and left a voicemail

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

What do you want to ring him for? It's a turn up and wait kind of place.

ok i didnt know that.
    do you know what times he works at then?
    also i dont know rathkeale so if you could give me directions to where he is that would be great. i would be coming from limerick city.
    thanks

anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

http://goo.gl/maps/apSSg

Its one of those houses I think, has been a while since I have taken my day to see joe, but there are usually cars lined up outside there and he does not do appointments and will start after 6pm and a €10 note if you have it, he shound be made a saint watching the people come out from him

thanks,
    its says on the other thread that his days are mon, wed, and fri. is that still the case do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Vanhalla wrote: »
    ok i didnt know that.
    do you know what times he works at then?
    also i dont know rathkeale so if you could give me directions to where he is that would be great. i would be coming from limerick city.
    thanks

coming from Limerick, take the turnoff for Askeaton when you reach Rathkeale
    Fairly sure its the first house after the GAA pitch (the old one, not Neville Park)
    which is just near the meat factory. you'll see the cars outside his house.
    he does'nt do this 'appointment' stuff.
    he should be there tonight.
    been a few years since i went to him, that says it all, not a problem since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Christian33.3

Joe Williams is a legend.I've been to him a few times over the last ten years.I've brought many a person out to him,with great results.Where our Doctors and medical system has failed.Joe knows his stuff.Fascinating to see him work.I brought a friend out to him Monday.His back had left him out of work for the past 8weeks.Mri result=disc out.Doctors prognosis,surgery in 2yrs..
    Brought him out to Joe,and Joe explained that it was an injury around his shoulder blade.
    Joe is a Living Legend! Thank God for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,309 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You forgot to mention your opening times Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

I've used Joe myself many times, any time I've had a back problem.

I have recommended him to many people, and every one I've sent to him has had success.

He doesn't charge for his services either, people make a contribution if they want to...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Igorummy

Is Joe Williams still doing hid thing with bones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Igorummy wrote: »
    Is Joe Williams still doing hid thing with bones?

Ya hes still doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Broke my elbow years ago and has been acting up of late i.e. there's things I do pain-free with one elbow that I can't with the other, must give a visit.

This guy came up in conversation recently. I know of a few people that went to him over the years and never once heard a complaint. I'm still a young(ish) man but have had back problems since my early teens. A&E visit problems. Was always sent home with a few drugs rather than advice on how to deal with the physical problem. Played rugby as a young fella and always worked in very physical jobs which didn't help.

Advanced Gh0st, I'll go if you go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eddy215

Is Joe still doing this work. What days and times does he work? Will be travelling from tipp so want to be sure he is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Christian333.333

Joe is a legend.I have been sending people to him for over ten years.

Never did he f-up anyone.

Went to him last month.May 2022.Sorted!

Doctors are clueless,and now are the third leading cause of death on the planet.(Iatrogenic -cause of death).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Billy billy

This man hasn't a clue I went to him for a stiff shoulder and he pushed on my lower back giving me a herniated disc when I never had back pain in my life before,now in daily pain, and my shoulder still stiff, biggest regret ever untrained chancer.avoid.

Advertisement