Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Def Leppard Irish Date 2013

Options
  • 27-02-2013 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,459 ✭✭✭✭

will there be A Def Leppard Irish date in 2013. they performed here in 2009 and 2011.

There doing a few shows in Las Vegas and performing the Hysteria in Full. It would sell decent if they done a European leg of the tour.

A night like in 2011 (with Thin Lizzy and Alice Cooper supporting) would be class.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

PTH2009 wrote: »
    will there be A Def Leppard Irish date in 2013. they performed here in 2009 and 2011.

There doing a few shows in Las Vegas and performing the Hysteria in Full. It would sell decent if they done a European leg of the tour.

A night like in 2011 (with Thin Lizzy and Alice Cooper supporting) would be class.

I hope not, they really need to step away and take a long hard think about where they're going next.

A lot of people went to the last gig and left after Alice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

A lof of people stayed to hear Leppard too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

The next step for Leppard is nostalgia act .... tours playing their most successful albums (such as Hysteria in full mentioned above) are a viable option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

RayCon wrote: »
    The next step for Leppard is nostalgia act .... tours playing their most successful albums (such as Hysteria in full mentioned above) are a viable option.

IMO too many bands are going down the "xxxx in it's entirity", can't stand it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

scudzilla wrote: »
    A lot of people went to the last gig and left after Alice

I was one of them,well i gave DL 30 minutes to be exact and then left,boring show with terrible pacing.

There's something wrong about a rock band doing a 'residency' imo. GN'R done the same in Vegas recently too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,459 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

lord lucan wrote: »
    I was one of them,well i gave DL 30 minutes to be exact and then left,boring show with terrible pacing.

There's something wrong about a rock band doing a 'residency' imo. GN'R done the same in Vegas recently too.

Leppard have Vip packages for the veges gigs, it cost something like $750. Also saw on there website that there doing a couple of dates in spain with Whitesnake And Europe at the end of June and are also headling hellfest in France , so a Dublin gig may be on the cards or dare i say it supporting Bon Jovi at Slane Castle

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Leppard have Vip packages for the veges gigs, it cost something like $750. Also saw on there website that there doing a couple of dates in spain with Whitesnake And Europe at the end of June and are also headling hellfest in France , so a Dublin gig may be on the cards or dare i say it supporting Bon Jovi at Slane Castle

Yea was thinking would they do Slane with Bon Jovi

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

With Whitesnake touring with Journey, i'd say they won't be back so quick if Def Leppard were to bring the Spanish combo here. Be nice to see Europe play here though, great bluesy heavy rock. If only they were headliners!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I think if Leppard tour anywhere near me in 2013 I will have to go, I've missed them far too many times and given the bands collective age and collective wealth there can't be much of a pressure for them to tour with the kind of frequency they do currently for much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭KevLeppard

I hope there is an Irish date. Seen them 6 times overall. The last one in the O2with Alice Cooper and Thin Lizzy was probably the best I have seen them.

Trying to suss out flights to go one of the Spanich gigs but flights alone r very pricey. Not to mention getting the time off work etc. Another O2 gig would be awesome, especially if Europe were also on the bill. Whitesnake touring with Journey so that rules them out :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

KevLeppard wrote: »
    I hope there is an Irish date. Seen them 6 times overall. The last one in the O2with Alice Cooper and Thin Lizzy was probably the best I have seen them.

I thought Alice Cooper stole the show that night for sure though.

I was at the previous Def Leppard gig in the O2 when they were supported by Whitesnake and I that the Leps gave a much better performance that night. Here's hoping they will play a date in Dublin or Belfast this year but it is looking unlikely unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

I thought Alice Cooper stole the show that night for sure though.

I was at the previous Def Leppard gig in the O2 when they were supported by Whitesnake and I that the Leps gave a much better performance that night. Here's hoping they will play a date in Dublin or Belfast this year but it is looking unlikely unfortunately.

Any update on them touring in Ireland
    Soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

scudzilla wrote: »
    IMO too many bands are going down the "xxxx in it's entirity", can't stand it myself

It's what the promoters want. Every other band in the States seems to be doing it.

Advertisement