Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxer advice

• 27-02-2013 7:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭

Hi

I have a 2 year old boxer and lately he's started getting out of the garden ( over a 7 foot fence) and fighting with a dog across the road. The other dog bit him a few weeks back.

I was wondering if I got him neutered would this calm him down and stop this behaviour. Any advice would be great as I don't want to part with him

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Neutering would be a GREAT start that's for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Exercise both mental and physical and more company for him would help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Jimy1971

**Vai** wrote: »
    Exercise both mental and physical and more company for him would help.

He's walked twice a day and there's a springer in the yard with him

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

My neighbour's boxer when they got her would escape over or through anything. She was about 18mths and wasn't spayed. Remember one day when she was in the garage, she jumped though the glass window to get out! !
    As soon as she was spayed she turned into the most laid back chilled out dog you could ever meet:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Jimy1971

angeldaisy wrote: »
    My neighbour's boxer when they got her would escape over or through anything. She was about 18mths and wasn't spayed. Remember one day when she was in the garage, she jumped though the glass window to get out! !
    As soon as she was spayed she turned into the most laid back chilled out dog you could ever meet:)

That's what someone else told me angel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Ive had 3 boxers :)They dont like being left alone and although you have another dog with him they LOVE human company.They are nosey and like to see whats going on :).I would deffo deffo get him neautered as un neautered males can be very territorial especially boxers.One of my boxers decided he was gonna stroll around the house at 6 thismorning,when I didnt get up he robbed a pair of runners and started to chew them :)

Advertisement