Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a second hand bike

• 27-02-2013 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭

Are th procedures for the paperwork the same as when buying a second hand car... log book etc.

Should you be checking any chasis numbers against paperwork and that sort of thing???

I have no experiance with bikes? If it's the exact same as a car then grand let me know?!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Paperwork is all the same but if you dont know about bikes then bring someone who does....crash damaged bikes could get you killed...you need to check tyres, chain, brakes etc....if theyre shot you can haggle,.....dont rush into it just cause it looks "pretty"....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

As above, paperwork is the same deal but a lot can go wrong for you if the bike is not 100%.

Best is to bring someone who knows about bikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Paperwork is the same as cars. Bring someone who knows about bikes along with you. Check the suspension back and front for travel and for oil/petrol leaks also in and around the engine casing/exhaust. Check all the electrics work and if the speedo works. Ask is the mileage genuine and was any repair/servicework carried out by the previous owner. I do all my bike buying secondhand...

Advertisement