Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microfibre towels

• 27-02-2013 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

Just wondering where I can get some microfibre towels for use after a shower? I was in Penny's earlier and the only microfibre things they had were literally about the size of an A5 page/face cloth.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I haven't tried this one, but this might be an idea. Their shop is in Ballyogan, if that is convenient to you,

http://www.irishfit.eu/shop/swimming/accessories-and-training-tools/aqua-dry-swim-towel

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Pennys defo do bigger ones, we have a couple from there. For the cost relative to those you will buy in an outdoors store it's hard to beat them really. Maybe not as long lasting but essentially disposable at the price.

So other than trying another Pennys any of the outdoor shops will do them, just more expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

My sister got me some in Tesco at Christmas, The are about 90x45 inches in size and badged with some female Olympic athlete's name (can't remember which one).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

jeffontour wrote: »
    Pennys defo do bigger ones, we have a couple from there. For the cost relative to those you will buy in an outdoors store it's hard to beat them really. Maybe not as long lasting but essentially disposable at the price.

So other than trying another Pennys any of the outdoor shops will do them, just more expensive.

I have a large micro-fibre one since 2005, still does the job, was ~€40 in an outdoor store at the time, so a fiver per year so far.
    If you can afford it, its worth the investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

I bought one in Great Outdoors 6 years ago and it's still in great condition. Not sure what I paid for it, around €30 or so, but great value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I have a large micro-fibre one since 2005, still does the job, was ~€40 in an outdoor store at the time, so a fiver per year so far.
    If you can afford it, its worth the investment.
    nerraw1111 wrote: »
    I bought one in Great Outdoors 6 years ago and it's still in great condition. Not sure what I paid for it, around €30 or so, but great value.

Same as above posters - I'd definitely make the investment, the ones I got in Great Outdoors are only getting better with use! I was given a small cheaper-feeling (don't know where it was bought) handtowel-sized one and it's gone all hard and bally.

Advertisement