Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alibaba.com - anyone brave enough?

Options
  • 27-02-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

So, everywhere I look Alibaba is in my face. No matter what I search for Alibaba dominates my search results. I've even gone so far as to block Alibaba in its every form from appearing, but it is futile, unstoppable. Computer says no.

There are just some things that are not available I must have everything.
    I must emass a covetable personal collection and many spares while I'm at it. I feel I need lots of the same thing. Alibaba has a minimum order limit, some 1, some 5 and some 10. 10 I would go so far as, no problem.

So the question is:
    Have you bought from Alibaba? (I know it's a marketplace btw)

I'm not expecting a barrage of replies but I do know a few of you adventurous types have ordered/fantasised about ordering from Chinese suppliers direct.

Fei chang gan xie! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Never felt the need but I've seen a good few posters on UK Vapers get stuff there. Worth posting the question there

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

There are good traders on there and bad ones so just have to watch your step.
    Also have to take in to consideration Tax and import duty and postage
    Also the chance of it being siezed, has happend

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Vaperus wrote: »
    There are good traders on there and bad ones so just have to watch your step.
    Also have to take in to consideration Tax and import duty and postage
    Also the chance of it being siezed, has happend

Yeah, I've read that some vendors (even in the UK) can no longer post even batteries, nevermind liquids (not that I've even considered liquids from outside Ireland yet :eek:)..on that same note...has anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

seems easier to get liquid posted to Ireland than to post it out.
    Venders buying in bulk would be using couriers as well which is different.
    But people arnt going to use a Courier for a 10 euro bottle of liquid

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

I've bought electronics from aliexpress, think they're the same crowd, and had no problem with them or the tax man. But I bought my first Vaporizer from tinydeal and I'm regretting it already, the customer support is terrible and don't know how good the vap is. http://m.tinydeal.com/product/quit-smoking-1100mah-rechargeable-e-cigarette-set-73033 I'll be lucky to have it by the summer with the carry on of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement