Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amount of relationships?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else feel that when you come out of a long term relationship, they realize how great single life is and are turned off the whole marriage and settling down thing?

maybe I've just gotten to use to single life ... :P

How many cats do you own?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

I had a two year relationship from age 17-19...then a few minor 'seeing someone' kinda things in between...then a 2 year on/off relationship from age 20 until 22. Im still not over him, even though it ended back in November. Can't seem to move on, gah. I wanna get married and have kids by the time I'm 25 so maybe that's my problem haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

smash wrote: »

Interesting....

I don't follow. Why is that interesting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

You and xLexie... Almost the same :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

What's "interesting" is the lame attempts at trying to be humorous and sarcastic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭buswankers

I'm 31....have had 3 serious relationships (outside of the few I had during my teenage years which I wouldnt even count!) broke up with the last lad before I went travelling at the age of 25 & have only recently been interested in settling with anyone, seeing current BF 6 months now & judging by my track record over the last 6/7 years think he's doing well to be still around! He's a keeper ;) He lives nearly 3 hours away so only see him on weekends so that probably helps matters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

I had a two year relationship from age 17-19...then a few minor 'seeing someone' kinda things in between...then a 2 year on/off relationship from age 20 until 22. Im still not over him, even though it ended back in November. Can't seem to move on, gah. I wanna get married and have kids by the time I'm 25 so maybe that's my problem haha.

23 and 1 serious one, and 1 on/off one that I'm still dealing with getting over. Everyone to their own, but personally I think 25 is way to young to get married. As much as breaking up with someone is hard, I couldn't imagine being settled down completely at 25. My main fear would be that we would be two completely different people at 30 and resent each other for things we didn't do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

mccarthy37 wrote: »
    Do sheep count.

As humour? Not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Boo2112

Im 21, been in 2 2 year relationships and the current is nearly 7 months but feels like the longest :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

23 and 1 serious one, and 1 on/off one that I'm still dealing with getting over. Everyone to their own, but personally I think 25 is way to young to get married. As much as breaking up with someone is hard, I couldn't imagine being settled down completely at 25. My main fear would be that we would be two completely different people at 30 and resent each other for things we didn't do.

Everyone says that and to be fair even I don't think it's realistically going to happen...:o but I absolutely love kids and would love to have one, though I don't think I could hack it as a single mam, it's hard work yano?

I'm single now anyway and so far all the guys worth having seem to be already taken (maybe I'm looking in all the wrong places..) so looks like it'll continue that way for the forseeable future. Ergo, no kids at 25 for me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

28 and never even been close to having one. was mad about one girl ever many moons ago but she didnt realise she was a lesbian until years later haha. as mentioned by previous posters i have also just become too comfortable in my single life now and love my personal freedom too much. Not hard to get laid when one wants aswell. I am far from the needy people most of my friends seem to be who can never be single for too long and even when with someone its a sham relationship of cheating and lies..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Am 29 and got married last year - had one relationship that I would consider serious before that, was with something for 3 years in college. Was with my husband 6 years before we got married. A few little things apart from that but wouldn't consider them relationships.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Same wife/manager for .... hmmmm.... 16 years .Before her life treated me fairly well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Depends what you class as a relationship? Is a ONS a relationship? A couple of dates? A two week fling? A couple of months? Living together?
    I've lived with 3 women (my only 3 long term relationships ranging from 4 years to 7, current one is the longest so far)
    I've gone out with 3 or 4 more for a month or more
    2 week flings, 5-ish
    I've gone out on more than a single occasion with probably about the same 5-ish
    One night stands, i'm not sure - a good few (they usually tended to be drunken or drug fuelled affairs, my memories of them aren't all that sharp, plus the vast majority were over a decade ago!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭barry181091

Loving all of the responses! Would of thought people numbers would have been higher in general tbh :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

29 and one serious two and a half year relationship in mid twenties.

Advertisement