Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Seeking Asylum in Canada??

• 27-02-2013 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything about this story?

Canada deports Irish nationals who it would appear unsuccessfully applied for asylum over there. Were these Irish born people fleeing here or were they people who came here as refugees and then went to Canada and claimed asylum?

http://metroeireann.com/article/latest-figures-show-canada-deported,3579

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Scar-leh for dem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Maybe its a new government tactic. Issuing passports to asylum seekers in hope that they go elsewhere as we are skint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Is there a better source for this than the site linked to in the OP?

lol.. Ireland's leading multicultural newspaper.. and every story is a rant about how racist the Irish are.

Actually.. this thread has to be a wind up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Seeking asylum from our government? We should all try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Is there a better source for this than the site linked to in the OP?

lol.. Ireland's leading multicultural newspaper.. and every story is a rant about how racist the Irish are.

Actually.. this thread has to be a wind up.

Using the OPs link I read through the Metro, your description is highly inaccurate, no surprise there though.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bridget84

Yes, from what I heard it was 2 naturalised Irish citizens (from Nigeria originally) and their Irish born children. It was the kids that raised immigration officials suspicions with their Irish brogues. The parents were either dumb or total chancers. I'll go with the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

bridget84 wrote: »
    Yes, from what I heard it was 2 naturalised Irish citizens (from Nigeria originally) and their Irish born children. It was the kids that raised immigration officials suspicions with their Irish brogues. The parents were either dumb or total chancers. I'll go with the latter.
    I'll go with your latter as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

bridget84 wrote: »

****wits. If they've lied there I'd say it's reasonably likely they've lied in their application in Ireland as well.

Advertisement