Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal experience with eGo C Atomizer Heads: Meh!

Options
  • 27-02-2013 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

So I went and got myself a load of eGo-C atomizer cones/covers and the relevent atomizer heads to go with them.

I got a set of real Joyetech atomizer heads (in a 5 pack, costing ~ €20) and a couple of not so real atomizer heads to compare (€2 each).

Neither lasted me any longer than two hours. Two hours is even an over-estimate.
    I used three (heads) at once (one each in my different coloured atomizer cone/covers) and the results were the same.
    I noted my 'findings' :D in a notebook and have concluded that sadly
    (but truly) that these are a complete and utter waste of time and money.

The burning taste could not be ignored and there's nothing can be done to rebuild these heads.
    Such a pity as I bought the cone covers to make my device look one-piece and for this to be so you need an atomizer head and a cartridge.
    So sad. So very, very sad :(

Experiences on a postcard please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

I used the ego-c for a good while and had nothing but good experiences with it. You can clean the heads in vodka or an ultrasonic cleaner if you have one. You can rebuild the heads...very messy tho. I used a mesh wick on mine when the silica broke down and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Jasus thats crap,still waiting to start myself and looking up on the internet trying to educate myself with all this stuff...the amount of people airing there stories after purchacing these and other related items being faulty is nearlly putting me off giving up the fags altogether,it seems it really hit and miss and taking the ***s, could always rely on my JPBlue,s ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i used these for a good while too and i NEVER had one last that short amount of time. i did find a few things though:

-the prime fluid they're shipped with tastes foul. i used to give them a rinse in HOT water and do a quick dry burn to get rid of that
    -when starting to use a new one i made sure i always dripped on a few drops of juice before putting it into the cone.
    -again on a new one, first few pulls on it at a lower wattage [on a twist] before creeping it up to wherever i wanted it
    -thicker [and to some extent 'darker'] juices didn't taste as good as thinner and lighter ones. thinner juice will obviously flow eaier onto the coil
    -9 times out of 10 if i found a burning taste it was from the fact that juice wasn't flowing onto the atomiser - which was the tanks fault. the tank has two little notches on either side that correspond to the notches on the spike plate of the atomizer. when they're lined up it lets the air flow better = less dry/burnt hits.

i used to clean them and get them [pretty much] like new when they got gunked up and tbh i'd be embarrassed to say how few i used the while i used them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Bubba9 wrote: »
    I used the ego-c for a good while and had nothing but good experiences with it. You can clean the heads in vodka or an ultrasonic cleaner if you have one. You can rebuild the heads...very messy tho. I used a mesh wick on mine when the silica broke down and it was fine.

Hi Bubba, and thanks. I can understand having to clean or rebuild after a week or so but immediately, after just a couple of hours? I'm majorly disappointed.
    I know people talk of atty's which are DOA (dead on arrival) and atty's which fail after a day but can be rebuilt but sadly for me I have lost all faith in the eGo-C heads. Rebuilding would I imagine be very, very difficult as you know, the heads are tiny.

I read that the mesh wick is a very fine, delicate piece of equipment and takes considerable prepping for an atty rebuild - that it has to be 'extracted' and oxidised etc, etc, far more work involved than say rebuilding a T3?
    artyeva wrote: »
    i used these for a good while too and i NEVER had one last that short amount of time. i did find a few things though:

-the prime fluid they're shipped with tastes foul. i used to give them a rinse in HOT water and do a quick dry burn to get rid of that

-when starting to use a new one i made sure i always dripped on a few drops of juice before putting it into the cone.

-again on a new one, first few pulls on it at a lower wattage [on a twist] before creeping it up to wherever i wanted it

-thicker [and to some extent 'darker'] juices didn't taste as good as thinner and lighter ones. thinner juice will obviously flow eaier onto the coil

-9 times out of 10 if i found a burning taste it was from the fact that juice wasn't flowing onto the atomiser - which was the tanks fault. the tank has two little notches on either side that correspond to the notches on the spike plate of the atomizer. when they're lined up it lets the air flow better = less dry/burnt hits.

i used to clean them and get them [pretty much] like new when they got gunked up and tbh i'd be embarrassed to say how few i used the while i used them :o

Thanks ArtyEva for your v insightful advice!

I will follow ("I'll follow you!") your advice to the letter and post back on how I get on.

Since getting my eGo Twist I've always started vaping on the lowest wattage/setting (scared I'd blow it or something)
    and
    I'm currently in possession of a LOT of various juices and thick juices would be part of that collection, although menthol (which is clear and fairly thin) has been 2 of the 3 types of juice I've used,

I kind of understand what you mean by
    "the tank has two little notches on either side that correspond to the notches on the spike plate of the atomizer. when they're lined up it lets the air flow better"
    The atomizer head itself has an oblong-shaped 'gold' thingy on the end
    (if genuine Joyetech) and to my mind it didn't matter what direction it was facing - I just pressed it down on to the base, attached the cone cover, inserted the cartridge and I was off. Or not.

The instructions you give are very detailed and nowhere on even the Joyetech website give these in any useful detail.

I'll give it another go before I resign the whole contraption to redundancy :) thanks a mill!
    Must go to a Vape Meet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Bubba9 wrote: »
    I used a mesh wick on mine when the silica broke down and it was fine.

Can I ask what grade mesh and where did you get it from please?
    Am interested in trying mesh out in my Ego-C heads.

Thanks.

damon5 wrote: »
    Jasus thats crap,still waiting to start myself and looking up on the internet trying to educate myself with all this stuff...the amount of people airing there stories after purchacing these and other related items being faulty is nearlly putting me off giving up the fags altogether,it seems it really hit and miss and taking the ***s, could always rely on my JPBlue,s ..

Hi Damon, listen, if I'm to give you my most honest, genuine advice I'd tell you to avoid all complications and steer clear of all Type A and Type B accessories for now.

Go with a simple, uncomplicated, one-piece device such as Kanger T3.
    With the eGo type A & B you have THREE parts to fret over:
    the cover/cone/body (yes - called ALL three), the atomizer head and the cartridge.

Don't get caught up in these detailed, confusing threads for now - personally, I went in to extreme, detailed research about EVERYTHING and wound up on the Solphadine Extra for a full two weeks.

Keep it simple, you're just starting off and most importantly:
    you don't want to put yourself off. Do NOT revert to cigarettes!!!
    The e-juice you can obtain will more than satisfy your cravings for a strong cigarette. 18-24mg will keep the die-hardest smoker's need at bay.

Have you ordered anything yet? I remember you posting last week looking for a start :) Well? have you ordered/obtained? excited for you!

csi vegas wrote: »
    Since getting my eGo Twist I've always started vaping on the lowest wattage/setting (scared I'd blow it or something)

I'm currently in possession of a LOT of various juices and thick juices would be part of that collection, although menthol (which is clear and fairly thin) has been 2 of the 3 types of juice I've used,

I kind of understand what you mean by
    "the tank has two little notches on either side that correspond to the notches on the spike plate of the atomizer. when they're lined up it lets the air flow better"
    The atomizer head itself has an oblong-shaped 'gold' thingy on the end
    (if genuine Joyetech) and to my mind it didn't matter what direction it was facing - I just pressed it down on to the base, attached the cone cover, inserted the cartridge and I was off. Or not.

The instructions you give are very detailed and nowhere on even the Joyetech website give these in any useful detail.

I'll give it another go before I resign the whole contraption to redundancy :) thanks a mill!
    Must go to a Vape Meet!

on the voltages - some juices taste better at different voltages. i usually start low, take a drag, keep adjusting till it tastes good. don't be afraid it'll blow anything... EXCEPT YOUR MIND :eek:

thick juices can be thinned down with either distilled water or vodka. only a few drops though in a 10ml bottle.

the notches on the atomiser - not on the bottom. notches wasn't the right word there anyway, sorry ted ;) hold the atomiser with the spike/wick bit uppermost - the plate with the wick on it isn't fully round - there's two little flat bits on either side of it. when you have that in yer cone [ooh matron] and yer cone on yer battery, line up the flat bits on the tank with those flat bits.

on the voltages - some juices taste better at different voltages. i usually start low, take a drag, keep adjusting till it tastes good. don't be afraid it'll blow anything... EXCEPT YOUR MIND :eek:

thick juices can be thinned down with either distilled water or vodka. only a few drops though in a 10ml bottle.

the notches on the atomiser - not on the bottom. notches wasn't the right word there anyway, sorry ted ;) hold the atomiser with the spike/wick bit uppermost - the plate with the wick on it isn't fully round - there's two little flat bits on either side of it. when you have that in yer cone [ooh matron] and yer cone on yer battery, line up the flat bits on the tank with those flat bits.

Jayzus ArtyEva you're knowledgeable!

"don't be afraid it'll blow anything -Except your mind!"
    WOW-WEE! I got myself some Candyfloss juice you know - wowzers!
    All the fun at the fair! Pretty intense!
    Magic Roundabout music plays in my head when I inhale it!

Did you say VODKA? VODKA?

And for your last bit:
    "when you have that in yer cone [ooh matron] and yer cone on yer battery, line up the flat bits on the tank with those flat bits"
    It would never have occured to me to be so technical - nowhere I have seen has given these instructions.
    I have thought about this on construction though - but I figured that none of it mattered how I lined it up. I know exactly what you mean however.
    Any other 'instruction' I have followed have said basically to PLONK the atty head on to the base, screw on the base/cover/cone, insert cartridge and away you go. But not.

Got to copy, paste and print your tutorial now. Four more atty heads to go and the sound of an emptying purse is clinking like a mo-fo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Can I ask what grade mesh and where did you get it from please?
    Am interested in trying mesh out in my Ego-C heads.

Thanks.

I've got mesh from so many places I don't remember but I think I used standard 400 on the ego-c although I don't think it matters that much what grade you use. You don't need to oxidise it as it won't be in contact with the coil. If your eyesight is particularly good you can use a hybrid wick which works pretty well. However, while the ego-C was good for its time the newer products are much better for flavour, at least for me.

• Advertisement

Jayzus ArtyEva you're knowledgeable!

shucks thanks. that's really not the case though. in real life i know jack crap about most things. :o
    It would never have occured to me to be so technical - nowhere I have seen has given these instructions.
    I have thought about this on construction though - but I figured that none of it mattered how I lined it up. I know exactly what you mean however.
    Any other 'instruction' I have followed have said basically to PLONK the atty head on to the base, screw on the base/cover/cone, insert cartridge and away you go. But not.

yeah, that's [one of] my biggest gripes about all this vaping lark. there's not a lot of gear that works first time every time, and even less of it comes with any sort of instructions and troubleshooting tips.

here's a link to the cleaning method i used to use - start at post 413. i never had to clean 'em THAT often, but i suppose it depends on what kind of juice you use and how much gunk is in there.

BTW... others just soak them in vodka overnight and rinse and dry burn 'em but where's the fun in THAT?

teamaster.jpg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Hi Damon, listen, if I'm to give you my most honest, genuine advice I'd tell you to avoid all complications and steer clear of all Type A and Type B accessories for now.

Go with a simple, uncomplicated, one-piece device such as Kanger T3.
    With the eGo type A & B you have THREE parts to fret over:
    the cover/cone/body (yes - called ALL three), the atomizer head and the cartridge.

Don't get caught up in these detailed, confusing threads for now - personally, I went in to extreme, detailed research about EVERYTHING and wound up on the Solphadine Extra for a full two weeks.

Keep it simple, you're just starting off and most importantly:
    you don't want to put yourself off. Do NOT revert to cigarettes!!!
    The e-juice you can obtain will more than satisfy your cravings for a strong cigarette. 18-24mg will keep the die-hardest smoker's need at bay.

Have you ordered anything yet? I remember you posting last week looking for a start :) Well? have you ordered/obtained? excited for you!

Hi csi,yeah still sticking to the advice and getting the kanger twist kit,just waiting on confirmation on the 900mah batts so i can go out and " pay and display " and just start vaping. Know what you mean about researching cos i,m a bugger for that too,has saved me alot of money over the years and the purchaces i,ve made have nearlly always been the right choice instead of " should have got that other type instead "

This game is something else though,couldnt believe when i read your post yesterday,f**k the solphadine,between that and a head fried from researching for me it was nearlly the icing on the cake with the thought of going back on the wagon too :mad: ......but i resisted,it wasnt futile :)

Hope you get sorted your end and that i hear something this end too :D

Advertisement