Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Problem

Options
  • 27-02-2013 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi.

I bought a Sony Vaio laptop in January 2011.

It developed a fault in November 2012, the display image breaks up and web cam would cut out when the lid was moved, or sometimes just when typing/ surfing.

I went back to the store with it. The manager said they would have it checked out and tell me what was wrong and what the cost would be. I had made it clear I expected any repair to be free of charge. He was supposed to call me before any repairs were done.

I went back a few days later. He said the cable going to the screen was faulty, and they had repaired the existing one. He wanted €60 for the repair. He said the repair could be undone if I wasn't happy and did not want to pay. This was a Friday evening, and I wanted the laptop back. I paid €50 in the end.

The same fault occurred again over Christmas. I brought it back again, he said a new cable would be ordered and fitted free of charge. I agreed to this.

The same fault has now occurred again. At this stage I have no faith in the laptop and even less in the store and their repairs. It is just two years old, is this the accepted life span of a Sony Vaio laptop!

Where do I stand with this and what is the next logical course of action.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement