Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 18 League and Cup - Banter & Bile

Options
  • 27-02-2013 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

Well sure Season 18 is nearly upon us. Let our victories overflow our victory cups made of pure victory!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

Had an easy run back to div II, also the couch potatoes are back in town! Now the wait to see what cauldron (league) I end up in

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Scrummage wrote: »
    Had an easy run back to div II, also the couch potatoes are back in town! Now the wait to see what cauldron (league) I end up in

"It's been a loooooong time, gettin' from there to heeeeeere, it's been a lonnnnng time..."

Very happy with the name change. :)

Have more time to give to the game again..... now to start training beasts for the NT again and head on a shopping spreeeeee on the transfer market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Won my playoff tonight so will be heading up to Div 2 for the first time, will be hoping just to stay alfoat for this season and keep building up a nice young squad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

bossa_nova wrote: »
    Won my playoff tonight so will be heading up to Div 2 for the first time, will be hoping just to stay alfoat for this season and keep building up a nice young squad

He normalled you!!! I cant believe it...he threw the playoff.

I'm sick now...really sick.:( Its like BR does not want me in Div II.

Sorry Bossa - no disrespect meant to your team. I'm sure you would have beaten him anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

daheff wrote: »
    He normalled you!!! I cant believe it...he threw the playoff.

I'm sick now...really sick.:( Its like BR does not want me in Div II.

Sorry Bossa - no disrespect meant to your team. I'm sure you would have beaten him anyway.

Ah no its fine heh, i was expecting him to beat me too tbh.He hasnt logged on ina few days tho, maybe he just didnt know about the playoff lol :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

just looked...Bossa you are the only Div III team to win the playoff...all the others went to the home team

Having said that, both Div II teams beat Div I teams in their playoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

New leagues are available in "Archive" ;)

Not that I was expecting any different, but my div IV league is a joke.

Suppose will aim for whatever kind of cup run I can, hope to be lucky with the draw against teams WNWIM and also focus time on the boards league! :)

In the mean time, will try and sort out my team for another crack at Div III next season! (hopefully next time the team I get promoted with wont go on to win the feckin league :()

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

bossa_nova wrote: »

Well done, you won't have to miss kicking my ass on a regular basis though as for some reason I got promoted to Div 3 in the Boards League :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I had no idea that Satory had moved east to Poland! I'll be finishing up here after this season and moving back to Ireland.. so atleast there'll be some Irish over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

One of the new arrivals into my league is a bot who has just transferred from Hong Kong? Odd or what :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    I had no idea that Satory had moved east to Poland! I'll be finishing up here after this season and moving back to Ireland.. so atleast there'll be some Irish over here.

Yeah I came over for a few seasons... If I can help out the Polish while I'm there, I'm all for it...

Wasnt expecting to be in Div2 though, thought I'd probably be in Div3...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

We're pitted against each other again! :eek:

(least i think we use to be in division III together long ago??)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

satory wrote: »
    Yeah I came over for a few seasons... If I can help out the Polish while I'm there, I'm all for it...

Wasnt expecting to be in Div2 though, thought I'd probably be in Div3...

You'll be grand, strong chance of making it into Div I within a season. I don't think i've ever lost a game in Div II ( When I was there)

eoferrall wrote: »

We did indeed along with fewcifur. I think looking at the league if I avoid 7th I be doing well

Have more time to give to the game again..... now to start training beasts for the NT again and head on a shopping spreeeeee on the transfer market

Glad to have you back in full-on BR mode :)

Should be some interesting matches there alright :)

Oh I never did my lil "season goals" yoke.

Right, looking at my new league (III.15)

Emperor are stupidly strong CSR-wise, by the numbers they should be mid-table Div II at least, so, not sure what to make of them.

Chocolate Chompers are on a level with my lads.

Ulster Trials seem a step below, but still dangerous.

And the rest are pretty much as you'd expect.

Going to have to be wary of Emperor and Chocolate Chompers, but should be alright.

Going to aim for an auto-promote, but realistically it's going to be a case of selling off all my old (but also best) players and re-structuring the team with emphasis on new lads. By the time my 1st team gets old enough to retire, they're still not going to be Div II standard, so I need to put a focus on the new breed (who are actually kinda getting a bit old now too :o)

In other news, one of my starting props sold for 22,000. Yes, he was 32, but over 70k and a damn fine gent. Ahwell.

My first game of the season starts in 1 hour 40 odd mins....

A friendly away to a Japanese team, should of looked yesterday to see if I needed to set any tactics.

We did indeed along with fewcifur. I think looking at the league if I avoid 7th I be doing well

well bit of movement this season in the division
    Fight club - unbeatable!
    Galway - going to aim to be trying to challange with them by end of season
    High Voltage - start beating consistently
    East Coast - continue beating, very real potential banana skin. serious team
    LadyBoys - bought some players last season and improved. could be another banana skin
    TR076 - no idea will have to look into more
    Couch potatoes - not a bother will beat easily:p

In all serious scrummage, the teams below top two last season where quite close and two good teams got relegated from it. louisberg went up and we got fight club instead so no real change there. but will be close again. I only secured 4th place in the second last match of season. then due to everyone taking last round off some seriously unexpected results pushed me into third.

As with everything - pick your battles and aim for the ones you can win. energy is key and please do not target me!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Cautiously optimistic for this season.

Southern Marauders are not as good as Cormosia last season and won't dominate to the same extent. Hopefully we can give them a game.

On the other hand Breifne coming back up isn't good news!

Fixtures haven't been kind to me, for once, this season either.

The affiliate tools were released this morning...

Might take some time to get to grips with switching between clubs...

• Advertisement

I'm a bit puzzled by one of the teams in my league.

Quick glance at the CSR had them as Div II standard, but then digging deeper into the team, seems they're oddly short and quite light in the scrums. Not sure what to make of them. Was going to TNT them to be safe, but now I'm not sure. Think I have to start playing smarter than busting out the TNT hammer whenever a scary team comes my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

run fewi run

well bit of movement this season in the division
    Fight club - unbeatable!
    Galway - going to aim to be trying to challange with them by end of season
    High Voltage - start beating consistently
    East Coast - continue beating, very real potential banana skin. serious team
    LadyBoys - bought some players last season and improved. could be another banana skin
    TR076 - no idea will have to look into more
    Couch potatoes - not a bother will beat easily:p

In all serious scrummage, the teams below top two last season where quite close and two good teams got relegated from it. louisberg went up and we got fight club instead so no real change there. but will be close again. I only secured 4th place in the second last match of season. then due to everyone taking last round off some seriously unexpected results pushed me into third.

As with everything - pick your battles and aim for the ones you can win. energy is key and please do not target me!:D

Playing Agressively & TNTing my way through the early rounds of the league is an option when your all concentrating on the cup. So watch out.
    Or I could set the WNWIM button and try for a good cup run. As you said pick my battles.

Playing Agressively & TNTing my way through the early rounds of the league is an option when your all concentrating on the cup. So watch out.
    Or I could set the WNWIM button and try for a good cup run. As you said pick my battles.

Picks up phone to look at fixtures...

realises he plays couch potatoes on paddys weekend, therefore knows he'll forget to set team and be hit with LTNT. marks return fixture to humiliate him....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

First round of the cup today. After careful analysis of his starting team, I have risked hitting WNWIM so fingers crossed! I need the money...

Good luck all with the bot bashing!

only won 150-0, bit close really if I was being honest.

opposition didn't gain a single metre in the match! haha!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

123 - 0

A little gutted though, as they won 1 lineout against my throw and won 2 turnovers on the deck. :o

Also a little disappointed not to have gotten the full-house.

Only 12 of my starting 15 bagged tries.

Ah I do enjoy the early destruction

Scraped through the first round with a score of 161-0. I think thats my highest WNWIM score...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Team just went bot in my league. Nice! Due to play them in R2, would have been raging if they went bot after that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement