Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 18 League and Cup - Banter & Bile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

crisco10 wrote: »
    ****in intercept try. 13-13

Harsh!

Nearly as bad as me finally getting the lead and then them coming back and scoring a no-nonsense try!
    Thankfully they didn't convert.

19-19. Faaaaack!

Edit: My god! In the time it took me to make that post, the lads scored another try! And what lad? The same fecking substitute scrummie that seems to be leading the revival! Nicely kicked and now it's 19-26! Boom baybee!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Harsh!

Nearly as bad as me finally getting the lead and then them coming back and scoring a no-nonsense try!
    Thankfully they didn't convert.

19-19. Faaaaack!

nice reply from u though....jesus what a ten minutes coming up!

Edit: just gets better and better for you fewi!

nice reply from u though....jesus what a ten minutes coming up!

Edit: just gets better and better for you fewi!

No idea what is with my lads and the 2nd half big game. Would be interested to see what his stars are like for stamina.

Just tuned into to Crisco's match, as mine is now sewn up. Was looking a close thing til ya just jumped up to 19. Fingers crossed they don't get the converted try!

edit: This freaked me out - "There must have been some kind of breakdown in the Men Who Stare At Goats defence there... Cannell flew through a yawning gap without a hand being laid on him! He may have broken the line but a Men Who Stare At Goats player moves quickly to plug the leak! Cannell has been driven into the dirt unceremoniously ! A puff of dust comes up... He didn't even see the Men Who Stare At Goats player coming there!"

Boom. 19-36 to me. Yay. Looks like Crisco is through too!

Edit: Yup. Well, that's at least two boardsies into the next round.

Just tuned into to Crisco's match, as mine is now sewn up. Was looking a close thing til ya just jumped up to 19. Fingers crossed they don't get the converted try!

All his scores have come from nowhere, so it aint over.

Edit; Thank **** for that. I hate blue writing when Im defending a lead post 80mins! Really need to look at my tactics though, shouldnt have been so close.

Well done Fewi!

• Advertisement

All his scores have come from nowhere, so it aint over.

Edit; Thank **** for that. I hate blue writing when Im defending a lead post 80mins! Really need to look at my tactics though, shouldnt have been so close.

Well done Fewi!

Well done Crisco! :D

Well, don't think the draw is going to matter, pretty much can't beat any of the teams who are through. Which is good, because I can't hack the excitement anymore.

Well done Crisco! :D

Well, don't think the draw is going to matter, pretty much can't beat any of the teams who are through. Which is good, because I can't hack the excitement anymore.

Yup, wouldn't mind a Div 1 team, away from home in the next round. throw the game with no impact on contentment. Get a bumper day out and IGT for some youngsters.

Edit: Louisberg away. got my wish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

well done on the wins folks....no more cup for me..:mad: whupped badly. 86-0

Tough draws though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

well done guys!!

Yup, wouldn't mind a Div 1 team, away from home in the next round. throw the game with no impact on contentment. Get a bumper day out and IGT for some youngsters.

Edit: Louisberg away. got my wish

Ah me too, Cream of the Crop it is.

His first team are pretty shattered or injured, so I guess I'll make my call closer to the day. Letting the young lads play would be grand, but a massive upset? Oh my, that'd be mighty :pac:

I'm playing at home, so no bumper Div 1 payout for me.

• Advertisement

Hmmm, getting the distinct feeling I'm going to throw this bad boy. The ratings hit from a loss won't be anywhere near as bad as the hit if I lose in the league the following two weeks. Ahwell, sure one more pay-day before the end.

Excited about tonight!

Despite say I wasn't going for it, I definitely am going for it! His low energy, below average league performance and me at home meant I had to give it a shot!

Stars are looking close, and he seems to have gone for his rested but weaker players rather than his tired monsters.

I'll still probably get smashed, you don't take out a Div 1 team that easily, but hopefully it'll at least be an entertaining match.

Excited about tonight!

Despite say I wasn't going for it, I definitely am going for it! His low energy, below average league performance and me at home meant I had to give it a shot!

Stars are looking close, and he seems to have gone for his rested but weaker players rather than his tired monsters.

I'll still probably get smashed, you don't take out a Div 1 team that easily, but hopefully it'll at least be an entertaining match.

Good luck! I threw mine, not even watching! But looking at stars of I had of ltnt with seconds might have had chance. Oh regrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Good start Fewcifur!

mar-z wrote: »
    Good start Fewcifur!

It's half time and I'm leading 7-6.
    He hasn't scored a try, but those damn penalties are painful.

Very close. The dream is still alive, but he completely outclasses me in stamina so no doubt he'll win through now.

just logging on now...i read your post fewi...but after logging to BR its not so good :(

some of the other games are still hammerings for teams though. Darkside are getting a*se handed to them by my conquerers (who handed me mine!)

daheff wrote: »
    just logging on now...i read your post fewi...but after logging to BR its not so good :(

some of the other games are still hammerings for teams though. Darkside are getting a*se handed to them by my conquerers (who handed me mine!)

Yeah, ended 7-34. Not as big of a hammering on the pitch as the scoreline suggests. 3 tries to my one, but drop goals and penos ruined me.
    I beat him at the set piece and in the ruck, but he just kept ball-in-hand and avoided the boot for territory, and well, just kept that possession and got the points.

Happy enough that he went normal to my TNT, so if he had gone WNWIM as I suspected, well, I might have staged a win. That's me out though. Thankfully my lads still have enough energy for the rest of the league campaign.

Solid enough loss today: 30 - 17 against last season's 2nd place team. Somewhat glad it happened, they have a monster CSR advantage over me, and played me WNWIM when I was at home. Normal was all it took to deny my tired cup chaps a clean sheet in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Great win for me today against top team in my league 32-8. Now level on points, unfortunately not going to be able to overhaul his points diff advantage, so it's still going to be an away final for me, but good for contentment I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

After being relegated last season I was lucky not to lose any members, I just had a few weeks of "no new members", so thought I had got away with it, and worked my supporters back up to "charmed", and then, some joker bloody decided to quit the members club this week, so I got -1 members!! What an a$$hole! I wish you could ban ex-members! :D

It's weird though, I've returned to a handful of members each week, I thought it was strange that this happened now since things are on the up again and members aren't pissed off anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Maybe your constant repeating of yourself got too much for one poor soul;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

haha, oops! Will delete multiple posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gidea

Just pick up my first win in div2 with a 52 point walloping of Polk High :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Gidea wrote: »

As worthy a first post as you can get. Congrats.

Gidea wrote: »

You've won. You've won the internet! :)

Poor Polky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

My first ever cup final!!!!!

Excited for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

well done!!

Well played!

• Advertisement

Fantastic! well done

forgot that the cup keeps going even after i'm out of it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement