Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 18 League and Cup - Banter & Bile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Oh a side note i just spotted Ruff was awarded the Season 18 Manager of the Season award. Couple of things, how can he be awarded it when the season isn't over and i went looking for a thread on offsite about this seasons awards but couldn't find one. Who's deciding these awards?

(I know this makes me look bitter at losing tonight's game but that's because i am :D)

That's a strange one as I actually didn't see any offsite thread, these were normally voted on? you know what it is and it's an easy error, when the awards are handed out it's the following season so you have to manually change the season as it auto selects the current one! so its S17 showing as S18

FewFew I think you are pretty harsh on the offsite guys as they are very much democratic!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

So is there any benefit to playing normal vs ltnt for a final? I reckon id take him at normal, but if theres no extra benefit then ill go ltnt.

All i can think of is less chance if injuries and possible more igt (his guys would be slightly better as he'll go ltnt)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Well my boring league season is coming to an end today...

Went 14 consecutive weeks at WNWIM, winning 13 games losing 1. I up'ed my intensity last time out for the Semi's to Normal and I strolled to a 103-0 win. Today will see me break out the LTNT for the first time this season, which is slightly over doing it I think, but I will be glad when get out of this league...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Up against it today. Ormond has an advantage over me in nearly every star. Looks like the cup run is back to bite me in the ass.

Good luck to everyone today!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Up against it today. Ormond has an advantage over me in nearly every star. Looks like the cup run is back to bite me in the ass.

Good luck to everyone today!

Jesus what a turnaround. Ormond were relegated from my league in season 16. Back to back promotions if they beat you! If.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

2 finals this season and both lost in the last few minutes of each game. What a horrible little season this has been.
    corny wrote: »
    Jesus what a turnaround. Ormond were relegated from my league in season 16. Back to back promotions if they beat you! If.

Ormond will have a play off to see if he gets to div 1. Still fair play to him regardless.

anybody know how to figure out what division you go up to if you get promoted? Is first on promo table put into divX.I , second to divX.II ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

I think first on the promotion table takes the place of the lowest ranked relegated team, and so on. I may be wrong though.

Are the positions in the promotions tables held at their values as of today, or can positions be switched due to ranking points earned/lost in Monday's round of friendly matches?

On a side note does anyone know why two teams from one province can play against each other in the Interpro? Is it just a case of uneven numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Good win.

He hasn't logged in since Wednesday morning so a repeat of his semi performance and i'll definitely take him. Get the feeling he doesn't really care anymore.

So much for that. WNWIM V LTNT and i still lost.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

So much for that. WNWIM V LTNT and i still lost.:(

Ouch.

Won comfortably enough. Just a smidge below the auto-promote line though, so now I have to play Scorched Earth. Of all the teams I didn't want to get drawn against...
    Looks like the Div III lads will have to get used to me.

• Advertisement

FewFew wrote: »
    Ouch.

Won comfortably enough. Just a smidge below the auto-promote line though, so now I have to play Scorched Earth. Of all the teams I didn't want to get drawn against...
    Looks like the Div III lads will have to get used to me.

that sucks...i've been there though. you'll prob now get the condesending 'if you are good enough for Div II you will beat the playoff team...if you arent you wont' -despite the fact you are better than half the autopromoted teams (me included).

You need a good cup run to get promoted to div ii these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

daheff wrote: »
    that sucks...i've been there though. you'll prob now get the condesending 'if you are good enough for Div II you will beat the playoff team...if you arent you wont' -despite the fact you are better than half the autopromoted teams (me included).

You need a good cup run to get promoted to div ii these days.

Well it's true, if you can't beat the team coming down then what hope have you got in div I I? I don't think makes any odds. Yes can be unlucky and get good team in playoffs...but they are there for a reason, the other 7 are better!

It's soul destroying, I know I spent 10 seasons or something in division iii until went up. The level of teams in division ii I'd vastly higher than iii. And far less places.

Best of luck fewfew, fingers crossed!

eoferrall wrote: »
    Well it's true, if you can't beat the team coming down then what hope have you got in div I I? I don't think makes any odds. Yes can be unlucky and get good team in playoffs...but they are there for a reason, the other 7 are better!

It's soul destroying, I know I spent 10 seasons or something in division iii until went up. The level of teams in division ii I'd vastly higher than iii. And far less places.

Ah yeah, I'd subscribe to the "if you can't beat them you're not good enough." What killed me was a bit of a fluke loss during the season, I even had a really good cup run. Just 00.05 ranking points off an auto-spot. Sure we'll give it a go, I just wish it wasn't Scorched Earth, I still have the fear from way back. In fact I'd rather any of the other teams, even Grubber who should destroy me, but at least I've had some lucky wins over the years there.

I think you'll find its that 4/5 others in the league were better :P

Seriously though, its true to a point, if you cant beat them then what hope have you got? But the same can be said for those autopromoting. You only get better by playing them.

As well you can have teams in the autopromotion spot that are worse than those outside them...a good cup run with a weak league can do that (just look at me :P)

Good luck fewi..fingers crossed you win coz I think I'll be going into scorched earths league and I'd rather not play him! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Good luck fewi..fingers crossed you win coz I think I'll be going into scorched earths league and I'd rather not play him! :eek:

Ah, that would be great craic! If fewi beats Scorched Earth, and you do join us Daheff, there would be quite the active boardsie contingent in Div 2.1.

And don't be scared of Orizio fewi, his bark is defo worse than his bite. ;)

crisco10 wrote: »
    Ah, that would be great craic! If fewi beats Scorched Earth, and you do join us Daheff, there would be quite the active boardsie contingent in Div 2.1.

Question lads, as I'm growing concerned...

When does energy reset? I always thought it happened before the qualifier matches, but, I'm still here with a dead team. Growing somewhat concerned :(

Midnight tonight mate, spam creative and P&G;)

Phonehead wrote: »

Oh thank jeebus it's tonight! Was having that growing fear deep within my gut, as my team are in bits after the last two weeks of mismanagement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Phonehead wrote: »

and play rush if I remember correctly :)

I wonder does he still read posts in here :pac:

Oh thank jeebus it's tonight! Was having that growing fear deep within my gut, as my team are in bits after the last two weeks of mismanagement.

Not sure winning league is a symptom of mismanagement!

• Advertisement

Sure it'd nearly double up as the Boards Div 2 as well :P

Not sure winning league is a symptom of mismanagement!

Ah, there were no real contenders in the league. Not saying my team is wonderful, more a case that it was a very young league.
    Last standard match I played my first team on normal against a bot, and then first play-off played the same first team on normal. Far too tired going in to the final, but thankfully my opponents were equally shagged from TNTing first play-off match.

Would be great to have some boardsie opposition last year. Tried starting banter with the league I was in, but they weren't having any of it. In fairness it was a cracking league for places 2-7, just me on top bored and a bot at the bottom.

Would be great to have some boardsie opposition last year. Tried starting banter with the league I was in, but they weren't having any of it. In fairness it was a cracking league for places 2-7, just me on top bored and a bot at the bottom.

I had a look at some of the teams in your league...they mustn't be too good with tactics/energy mgmt...Emperor (on csr anyways) had the best team in your league, yet you beat them pretty well in the final. the other teams werent too bad either!

I had a look at some of the teams in your league...they mustn't be too good with tactics/energy mgmt...Emperor (on csr anyways) had the best team in your league, yet you beat them pretty well in the final. the other teams werent too bad either!

Yeah, going by CSR I was about the 3rd or even 4th team in the league. It's more a case of them buying in old players, teamed with a slight lacking of experience. Don't think I played WNWIM all season, just because at any moment I feared they'd sort out their tactics and take me down.

Orizio hasn't logged in since last Monday, so I assume he's only at normal. Should help the home advantage deficit.

3-14 to me at the moment, and just on their 5 yard, so let's hope the lads can keep the pressure up

Congrats Few, 55-13.... never in doubt

Yeah, going by CSR I was about the 3rd or even 4th team in the league. It's more a case of them buying in old players, teamed with a slight lacking of experience. Don't think I played WNWIM all season, just because at any moment I feared they'd sort out their tactics and take me down.

Orizio hasn't logged in since last Monday, so I assume he's only at normal. Should help the home advantage deficit.

3-14 to me at the moment, and just on their 5 yard, so let's hope the lads can keep the pressure up

I suppose I should congratulate you. ON the downside for me, I lose Orizio's one clicking ways!

It's on next season!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Congrats fewfew

I suppose I should congratulate you. ON the downside for me, I lose Orizio's one clicking ways!

It's on next season!

I feel bad for how it went down. Slaughtered them, but only because he didn't log on since last Monday.

Looking forward to Div II rugby again, should be some craic!

Congrats on being promoted.

I get the feeling scorched earth is leaving us soon..didnt even bother to log in for the relegation match!

• Advertisement

Congrats on being promoted.

I get the feeling scorched earth is leaving us soon..didnt even bother to log in for the relegation match!

I don't know about that. He did exactly the same thing for last seasons relegation playoff and only won in extratime with a last minute 7 pointer to take it into extra time.

I think his interest is waning but he will be back (and probably with a big bank balance)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement