Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawke Nite eye digi.

Options
  • 27-02-2013 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

I was going to buy a second hand scope but i decided to save up a few pound and go for a new one.

Any of yous on here use this type of scope. It will be mostly used in the evenings and sometimes at night for the odd red boy. Its €231 new on debens sight. http://www.deben.com/hawke-nite-eye-digital-riflescopes/HK5144.html

Was looking at a Bushnell Banner today 6-18x50 for €240 "New" it looked second hand was sitting out of its box for a while and decided aganist it for obviouse reasons. So i have decide to go a different path.

All opinions welcomed, thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

What rifle? Caliber.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Sean Mullen

Cass wrote: »
    What rifle? Caliber.
    Marlin 917v
    .17hmr

Will be 100% on the rifle.

The Hawke line of scopes had a bad rep years ago for being unreliable, easily broken, and generally of lesser quality than most any other brand.

However in recent years they have improved significantly. I own a few including the Sidewinder, and Varmint SF model. Both work excellently, track perfectly, don't loose zero, and come with a fairly impressive guarantee/warranty that is lacking on some higher end scopes.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Sean Mullen

The Hawke line of scopes had a bad rep years ago for being unreliable, easily broken, and generally of lesser quality than most any other brand.

However in recent years they have improved significantly. I own a few including the Sidewinder, and Varmint SF model. Both work excellently, track perfectly, don't loose zero, and come with a fairly impressive guarantee/warranty that is lacking on some higher end scopes.

How do you find them at night time under the lamp?

On lower powers grand. The glass is not going to compare to Zeiss, S&B, Swar. , etc. but at the price you cannot expect it.

It's clear, and targets are easily identifiable. The ones i have are dual illuminated. I have green or red crosshair depending on which you prefer. As said for the price they are hard to beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

+1 Plenty of scope for a rimfire.

Advertisement