Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting jp2 images to word friendly images

Options
  • 27-02-2013 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi, I have some jp2 images downloaded from a computer and I wish to put these into a word document. I dont know how to do this and also I can't even open them in the first place to view. I would usually just insert image onto the word document but it won't allow me to do so, Can anyone help me with this? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Perhaps just convert them to standard .jpg files using an image converter or Picassa. Not too well up on Windows filetypes but maybe there's a way to have these files recognised as images. .jp2 files are JPEG 2000 files.

If you Right-Click on the .jp2 files does Windows offer a Preview option ? You can also SHIFT & Right-Click to get an Open With context menu option I think. If you have Photoshop or Gimp or the like these will open them.

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Open the files in XnView and export to JPG, BMP or PNG.

Advertisement