Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New .204R mod

Options
  • 27-02-2013 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

I'll be looking for a new mod for a .204R, was thinking about Atec Maxim and Sonic 45. I was asking the boys in the UK and they mentioned the Hardy Gen IV and OneLessCharlie S Series. Has anyone seen or used a Hardy or OLC mod, or have opinions on the other two I mentioned.

Thanks,
    LH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

I've only seen the OLC mods on the UKV forum.
    They look to be well enough manufactured, although I'm always shocked by the prices of mods...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Glensman wrote: »
    I've only seen the OLC mods on the UKV forum.
    They look to be well enough manufactured, although I'm always shocked by the prices of mods...

They can be a bit excessive alright. I saw on UKV the OLC S Series costing around £245/€285 so is kinda in line with the rest of them

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

I've seen the sonic mod on a friends .223. They aint pretty but I do like the modular design that enables more baffles to be added as desired:)

Mezamo wrote: »
    I've seen the sonic mod on a friends .223. They aint pretty but I do like the modular design that enables more baffles to be added as desired:)

I can live with the looks and ticks the box for weight, comes down to how good it is for noise reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

8 baffles brings the .223 right down... and you can always add 1 or 2 more if your not happy with the sound suppression.. Thats the great thing about em :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steyrman2

Hi t4 is a good a mod as i have seen and use on my .204

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

http://www.roedaleprecision.com/epages/schalldaempfer.htm

I use one of these on my 223 , really light and moderates the noise brilliantly, if you have a look on the sight it has a comparision chart with all the common moderators and what they weigh

Hey lb, hadn't thought of Roedale, did you get it from Edi? Is it the ultralight or standard mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

lefthooker wrote: »
    Hey lb, hadn't thought of Roedale, did you get it from Edi? Is it the ultralight or standard mod?
    Yeah bought from Edi ,sound bloke to deal with ,mine is the standard but it still really light and can be broken down shorter by removing a few baffles.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Robotack

I have the atec maxim and cannot fault it so far. Easy to strip and clean and very light.

• Advertisement
Advertisement