Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woodward: Obama Showing 'A Kind Of Madness I Haven't Seen In A Long Time'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭CollardGreens

The madness has gotten worse. Today on the local news I hear the Obama revenge has hit AZ. He is letting out illegal alien criminals out of prison to say this is his way of saving the money. Now I'm no fan of infowars but here is a link after doing a quick search
    http://www.infowars.com/rep-goodlatte-blasts-obama-for-releasing-illegal-alien-inmates-to-promote-his-political-agenda-on-sequestration/
    So far from what I read 500 have been let out in AZ and many more in other states on Friday.
    If you have time you can do more searches on it, I'm sure since it just happened today there will be more on the subject.

So....this is how he will make Americans "pay" for not getting his way? Disgusting, he should have been impeached a long time ago.

News is getting out as the day goes on, the latest from the GOP:

"House Speaker John Boehner on Tuesday blasted the decision by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to release hundreds of jailed illegal immigrants and blaming federal budget cuts."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/27/outrageous-boehner-blasts-ice-for-releasing-hundreds-of-illegals-from-jail-and-blaming-fiscal-climate/

I'm praying the GOP doesn't cave to O's demands, they need to give him the ball and let him run with it since it was his plan last year anyway.

NY has been hit with the prison release now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Yes the 'sequestration/debt-ceiling' stuff is just a barely-concealed makeup excuse for implementing austerity, and there is no logical reason for it at all; pretty much nothing bad happens by just repealing the debt-ceiling (which there are various methods of doing), and just continuing on as normal.

It is a bi-partisan (Democratic/Republican) effort to specifically decimate social services, as well as many other notable and important public institutions; nothing less than this, and the debt-ceiling is just a made-up, flimsy excuse to try and justify that.

It's just another part of the continued effort, to privatize previously public services (this time the semi-sacred social services, which will be a huge setback for society), to give wealthy financial interests, even greater rent-seeking (and general political) power over society in the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Woodward — first in “The Price of Politics,” his best-seller on the failed quest for a grand budget bargain, and later with his opinion piece in the Post — makes plain that sequestration was an idea crafted by the White House. Obama personally approved the plan and later signed it into law. Woodward was right, several congressional officials involved in the talks told us.
    Woodward also said that based on his reporting for the book, Obama deserves more of the blame for scuttling the grand bargain of 2011 that would have put sequestration to rest long ago. “He changed the deal and it blew up,” Woodward said. “I mean, you look at the facts, and even by the White House accounts by his aides, he was making a last-minute change.”
    http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/woodward-at-war-88212.html#ixzz2MCWj4Mr6

But there is hope Obama will work extremely hard today to avoid sequestration, right?

President Obama official schedule and guidance, Feb. 28, 2013.
    THE WHITE HOUSE
    Office of the Press Secretary
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    February 27, 2013
    DAILY GUIDANCE AND PRESS SCHEDULE FOR

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2013
    In the morning, the President and the Vice President will receive the Presidential Daily Briefing in the Oval Office. This meeting is closed press.
    In the afternoon, the President and the Vice President will meet for lunch in the Private Dining Room. This lunch is closed press.
    In-Town Travel Pool
    Wires: AP, Reuters, Bloomberg
    Wire Photos: AP, Reuters, AFP
    TV Corr & Crew: NBC
    Print: Talking Points Memo
    Radio: VOA
    EST

10:00AM In-Town Pool Call Time

11:15AM THE PRESIDENT and THE VICE PRESIDENT receive the Presidential Daily Briefing
    Oval Office
    Closed Press

12:40PM THE PRESIDENT and THE VICE PRESIDENT meet for lunch
    Private Dining Room
    Closed Press
    Briefing Schedule

12:30PM Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jay Carney

Oh crap… never mind!

I say let sequestration happen! And let Congress give Obama the authority to implement the sequestration cuts within their budget to make those changes. There are easy ways to make cuts that the American people will never feel. Even with sequestration, the government will be spending more this year then was spent last year… right?

YL%20Sequester%20chart.jpg

Then when Obama enacts cuts which will hurt average Americans just to make the GOP look bad, start impeachment hearings. Time to expose this president for what he really is.

Then when Obama enacts cuts which will hurt average Americans just to make the GOP look bad, start impeachment hearings. Time to expose this president for what he really is.

I agree, the old saying to "Give them enough rope...." applies here ~ he is getting himself backed into a corner and that is another reason he is having closed meetings and ONLY NBC news to cover it after him and "Mr. 2 blast shotgun" (rolling eyes) have their pow wow.

The GOP needs to just sit tight and do nothing! Maybe then the rest of America and the world will wake up to this con artist and his evil schemes. I'll be doing some big time celebrating when the impeachments start, hope Mr. shotgun gets taken down with him....and Holder!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

I agree, the old saying to "Give them enough rope...." applies here ~ he is getting himself backed into a corner and that is another reason he is having closed meetings and ONLY NBC news to cover it after him and "Mr. 2 blast shotgun" (rolling eyes) have their pow wow.

The GOP needs to just sit tight and do nothing! Maybe then the rest of America and the world will wake up to this con artist and his evil schemes. I'll be doing some big time celebrating when the impeachments start, hope Mr. shotgun gets taken down with him....and Holder!

I agree with this. They need to let him run amok for a little while so people get to really see what is under the curtain. Hopefully not too much damage will have been done by the time the US wakes up to the madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

GOP demands swinging budget cuts. GOP gets swinging budget cuts. GOP loses the plot over cutbacks. Am I missing something here? What did you guys think would happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Just goes to show that even when Obama does what the GOP wants they still moan about it. They have no interest in making any kind of deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Not interested in making a deal? You really believe that kind of nonsense put forth? There were 13 tax increases that became effective January 1, 2013 resulting from the fiscal cliff deal. As usual the democrats got what they wanted in tax increases, and refused to keep their end of the bargain in spending cuts, and now blame the republicans. How special!

Let’s face it, the president failed to offer reasonable ways to avoid the sequester. The republicans presented two budgets which were shot down (how many did the democrats offer???????). And now the republicans tried to give the president leeway to enact the budget cuts in s sensible manner so the average American wouldn’t feel pain. But the democrats shot it down, and Obama said he would veto it if it were passed. Now there’s a real leader, huh? We can’t expect him to stop campaigning and start leading, I take it. I guess not since he couldn’t even find it in his heart to forego the million dollar expense it cost to play golf with Tiger Woods.

So we can never cut any of our spending? We need to borrow 35 cents on every dollar indefinitely? Just keep blaming republicans for everything? Yeah, that tactic will probably work to turn public opinion against them by an ignorant electorate, but it doesn’t negate the fact that our current course under this administration is a fast track to financial ruin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Re Military cuts - completely overblown scare tactics by Fox and the Joint Chiefs (who are ALWAYS going to use scare tactics to avoid cuts lets be honest... always have always will)

It is implausible that the entire U.S. military would be unable to function with just under $500 billion in taxpayer funds. Military Personnel salaries will be exempted by Obama.

Check this out:

Even with defense sequestration, the Pentagon would spend more JUST on research and development alone - approx $70 billion per year!!!!! than every other country, bar china, spends on their ENTIRE bleeding military !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saudi Arabia as a nation has a GDP of 590 Billion dollars per year i.e.the entire oil giant nation of Saudi Arabia could not even pay the US military bill each year and it is the worlds 20th largest economy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

The madness has gotten worse. Today on the local news I hear the Obama revenge has hit AZ. He is letting out illegal alien criminals out of prison to say this is his way of saving the money. Now I'm no fan of infowars but here is a link after doing a quick search
    http://www.infowars.com/rep-goodlatte-blasts-obama-for-releasing-illegal-alien-inmates-to-promote-his-political-agenda-on-sequestration/
    So far from what I read 500 have been let out in AZ and many more in other states on Friday.
    If you have time you can do more searches on it, I'm sure since it just happened today there will be more on the subject.

So....this is how he will make Americans "pay" for not getting his way? Disgusting, he should have been impeached a long time ago.

Hey! It's unpatriotic to criticize the President in wartime, ok?? You're either with him or you're with the terrists. Don't like it.....move to Cuba!

Advertisement