Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rafa's Rants (the sequel)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I think as part of their next project, Chelsea should go for a young talented manager, who has shown his pedigree on the continent, is not afraid to shake things up and has belief in his tactics, and own ability. Someone like that Andre Villas Boas lad at Spurs.

Oh wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Xavi6 wrote: »
    What did he expect with his results? Fans who didn't want him there in the first place to turn around and support him off the back of that?

No he wanted them to support the team and get behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

paulgalway wrote: »
    Terry seems to have a big say at the club, would love to see him put in as manager - might shut him up and show how hard it is to manage a group of mercenaries. :D

yeah such a big say he cant even get picked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

niallo27 wrote: »
    No he wanted them to support the team and get behind them.

The only player who I've seen cop some abuse is Torres, guilty by association and crap performances over two years.

Anyone else in the team they've not been behind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

What did he expect with his results? Fans who didn't want him there in the first place to turn around and support him off the back of that?

Have a lot of time for Rafa, and I think he is right with some of what he said tonight, but the above quote pretty much calls it as it is imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Rafa's too good for Chelsea, their supporters and that clown of an owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

bullvine wrote: »
    Was a disaster at inter, after having a poor season at Liverpool, he was desperate for a job that's why he took it. Can't have it all his own way, you need to dig in and win over the fans, he should look at how pardew has done it at Newcastle as an example.
    Winning two trophies in what 5 months at Inter is a disaster. He had a team of practically geriatrics that had played a tough season before with 60+ games and a World Cup before he took and had a hell of a load of injuries to key players. Look at Inter since when they've had to replace their whole team and are miles behind Juventus now. He wasn't allowed buy any players apart from the loan returns of kids like Coutinho and Biabiany I think his Inter reign can be defined by the Spurs game when they were 4-0 up after 30mins, then late on when the old players had no legs Bale ran amok and scored 2 in stoppage time.

He's exactly right about Chelsea, the truth will hurt a lot of people considering how blunt he was in laying it out and now especially the London Mafia in the British media who will be sharpening their type writers as we speak

aramush wrote: »
    Rafa's too good for Chelsea, their supporters and that clown of an owner.

And yet, you are where you are mainly because of him flogging your best players, buying crap ones and failing to win games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Chelsea are 19 points off the top off the league and are being dragged into a battle for 4th place. Benitez will be lucky if he even gets to the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Leiva wrote: »

Exactly.

And imo that's how the majority see it but being a Liverpool supporter and entering the debate shouldn't come with a special badge, and being singled out as some sort scary Rafa worshipers.
    This forum has been full of comments defending and making excuses for him and it's almost exclusively Liverpool fans.
    There was some bizarre comments in the thread made when he was appointed.

I'm not labelling all Liverpool fans "scary Rafa worshippers" but there are plenty around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

2 posters mention the word scum, one gets lots of thanks the other gets a yellow card, business as usual .. :pac:

cambo2008 wrote: »
    This forum has been full of comments defending and making excuses for him and it's almost exclusively Liverpool fans.
    There was some bizarre comments in the thread made when he was appointed.

I'm not labelling all Liverpool fans "scary Rafa worshippers" but there are plenty around.

He was successful at liverpool and gave us some unreal night in the champions league, of course we will have a soft spot for him, I'm sure if ronaldo score at hat trick next week and dumps utd out of the CL he will still get applauded off the field. I don't see the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

CAPT, LEADER, LEGEND

and the reason AVB didn't last a season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

He was successful at liverpool and gave us some unreal night in the champions league, of course we will have a soft spot for him, I'm sure if ronaldo score at hat trick next week and dumps utd out of the CL he will still get applauded off the field. I don't see the difference.

Difference is, Rafa hasn't exactly been "scoring hat tricks" at any of his clubs since Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What manager can succeed at Chelsea? They've bombed out the best Europe has to offer already and any other manager serious about their career would run a mile. It'll probably be an inexperienced manager like Laudrup in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Rafa's rant?

Pfft that's not a rant
    CrocodileDundee.jpg

crocodiledundeeknife.jpg

That's a rant.

Cienciano wrote: »
    and the reason AVB didn't last a season

No, again, he failed to win enough games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

What manager can succeed at Chelsea? They've bombed out the best Europe has to offer already and any other manager serious about their career would run a mile. It'll probably be an inexperienced manager like Laudrup in the end.

I don't think so tbh. You get a nice big contract and if you get sacked, you lose little to no credibility in the eyes of the majority of other chairman at this stage. Great job.

There's a big difference. If Ronaldo had been sh*t for Madrid, moved to Chelsea and was sh*t for them it wouldn't change my admiration for what he done for us but I also wouldn't be trying to blame Madrid and Chelsea on him being sh*t.

And yet, you are where you are mainly because of him flogging your best players, buying crap ones and failing to win games!

He got the Alonso transfer wrong, I will admit. But he built a squad capable of challenging for the league despite all the issues behind the scenes with the Americans and if he had been backed in the summer of 2009, I always said it, we would have won that league in 2010.

Oh and the small matter of him winning the Champions League with Liverpool and the work he did with families of the victims of Hillsborough.

He's a very good manager and most importantly a nice man. Too good for Chelsea.

• Advertisement

There's a big difference. If Ronaldo had been sh*t for Madrid, moved to Chelsea and was sh*t for them it wouldn't change my admiration for what he done for us but I also wouldn't be trying to blame Madrid and Chelsea on him being sh*t.

You think Chelsea have no blame in this at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Surely roman was having a bit of a troll when he appointed him? A manager out of work for ages and done nothing of note since the 08/09 season and even at that it was only a title challenege? Not to mention the fact rafa bet chelsea in a few big games and the hole torres thing wouldnt have helped either, he was goosed from day re: supporters and has done an awful job there anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭paulgalway

"No, again, he failed to win enough games"

How many games did AVB play ?

Senior players didn't like him and didn't put the effort and commitment in.

Totally unprofessional shower of w******.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

It's as weird an opinion as thinking Rafa shoulders no blame.

Too good for Chelsea.

Little digs like this make me smile.

Too good for Chelsea but perfectly acceptable for the mighty Liverpool yeah?

It's as weird an opinion as thinking Rafa shoulders no blame.

Don't think anyone is saying that.

He's a "nice" man too, all the people here who personally know him say so

I have met him and he is a ****en gent of a man.

Too good for the Chelsea owner and their supporters.

I have met him and he is a ****en gent of a man.

Of course you did, and of course he was.

How long did you converse with him for? Did he pay for your coffee? Awwww.

• Advertisement

I've met him, only briefly, but always took the time to sign autographs and speak to supporters.

I've met him, only briefly, but always took the time to sign autographs and speak to supporters.

What a man!

Of course you did, and of course he was.

How long did you converse with him for? Did he pay for your coffee? Awwww.

We made sweet sweet love all night to the sound of Barry White under the starlight.

Why?

What a man!

Fact.

What a man!

Hey now there's a lot to be said for autograph signing, Suarez walked right past that kid remember :pac:

That's like saying Hodgson was a nice man and too good for Liverpool's supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

I hope he sticks around for the FA cup game. He really got under Fergie's skin this time

I hope he sticks around for the FA cup game. He really got under Fergie's skin this time

:D:D

• Advertisement

I don't know what is going on behind the scenes and neither do you. All I do know is he hasn't been good enough.

The whole place would hate him, it would be hilarious alright.

That's like saying Hodgson was a nice man and too good for Liverpool's supporters.

Nonsense. Hodgson was backed at the beginning but then we realised he had us playing some ****e football and had us in a relegation battle, he wasn't good enough sadly.

Rafa wasn't given a chance at Chelsea from the get go.

I don't know what is going on behind the scenes and neither do you. All I do know is he hasn't been good enough.

No he hasn't i agree with that, i just don't think any manager should be treated the way he has been. From day one the fans have given the players an easy get out by blaming everything on Rafa. The players are better than that they are not giving 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I think Rafa is coming out looking cool as fúck from this spell at Chelsea. He's going to get loads of money and he is speaking honestly because he doesn't need to lie. What he is saying is completely right. You can understand the fans frustrations but they need to STFU now, or just give out about Abramovich fúcking around with the managers and transfers.

I don't think Rafa is as good a manager as a CL win and couple of leagues might suggest, but he is not a bad manager by any stretch. Giving out about Rafa in relation to the current league position of this Chelsea team is daft. Any manager would need a lot more than three months to sort that mess of a club out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The whole place would hate him, it would be hilarious alright.

He should go to the halfway line before the match and bow to everybody.

Then maybe wave his arse at them.:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Slattsy wrote: »
    He'll get the sack because he's done a **** job as manager. End of.
    Not because of a small group of fans.

Pathetic Liverpool fans still sticking up for him. Oh he's speaking the truth, ooh the fans are gonna get him sacked. Get a life lads.

Why do Chelsea fans not turn their frustrations towards the clubs owner?

Genuine question BTW. You lot know what side of your bread is buttered?

I'm not a big fan of Benitez, but do you not see how ludicrous it is to spit venom at a coach for the sole reason of him being the only one who would touch the job with a barge pole?

This Di Matteo crap is also insane, the man is a mediocre manager too.

If you love him so much why not direct your vile to the man who sacked him rather than the guy who replaced him.

Again, I will point out the fact im not a Benitez fan, but this whole protest craic is a load of rubbish.

Who the hell would want to manage Chelsea FC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It's probably the end of the line for Rafa now. He has nowhere else to go at the highest level. He can either take a step down in quality or give up.

There will be no Inter or Chelsea for him in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Pro. F wrote: »
    I think Rafa is coming out looking cool as fúck from this spell at Chelsea. He's going to get loads of money and he is speaking honestly because he doesn't need to lie. What he is saying is completely right. You can understand the fans frustrations but they need to STFU now, or just give out about Abramovich fúcking around with the managers and transfers.

I don't think Rafa is as good a manager as a CL win and couple of leagues might suggest, but he is not a bad manager by any stretch. Giving out about Rafa in relation to the current league position of this Chelsea team is daft. Any manager would need a lot more than three months to sort that mess of a club out.

Rafa is not going to come out of this looking good in fairness. He took the job in the hope of landing it full time. And he has failed.

He constantly reminds everyone that he is only interested in taking over as manager of a club that have a project in place, that will give him the chance to challenge for top honours.

Rafa 2002-2007 was a top class coach, hungry, focused and had an excellent team around him.

He cuts a very bitter figure now in my eyes, he is most certainly damaged goods.

In terms of being so picky about jobs, I will make an extremely cruel but true analogy.

He is like the ugly dude at the party with ideas far above his station, insisting he is only going home with one of the best looking women when in reality they have absolutely zero intention of acknowledging his existence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's probably the end of the line for Rafa now. He has nowhere else to go at the highest level. He can either take a step down in quality or give up.

There will be no Inter or Chelsea for him in the future.

... back to La Liga somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Benitez is right here, the group of Chelsea fans that are calling for Benitez to be sacked are a bunch of clowns wasting time. Abramovich is the one responsible for changing the manager all the time and putting Benitez in charge, they wont protest about Abramovic obviously. If they did he would just walk away with all his millions and Chelsea would become also rans again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement