Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rafa's Rants (the sequel)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

NIMAN wrote: »
    ... back to La Liga somewhere.

Where in La Liga? Maybe Malaga?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Paully D wrote: »

This ''rant'' also doesn't help his future employment prospects. I can completely understand his frustrations, but other club owners won't be enthralled over the possibility of him upsetting the fans and talking about a club in a negative light, even though it's pretty much just common sense what he said. Sad that you can't speak the truth any more regarding fans behaviour but that's football these days.

d.

This IMO is why it took rafa so long to get a job after inter, and why he'll struggle to get another job with a side he deems big enough

He publicly criticised the owners at Valencia, Liverpool, inter and now Chelsea. Irrespective of the merits of his arguments in the individual cases, generally owners have substantial egos, and want a manager on side, not one that's going to criticise them publicly and possibly have the fans doing likewise. He's simply not what owners want

Mourinho fell foul of the the top brass at Chelsea and was shown the door, it looks as if he's doing likewise at real, while fergie over the last twenty years was probably at his most vulnerable point when he fell out with jp McManus. He didn't make that mistake again with the glaziers. Cough too in his prime, didn't last long at derby after he fell out with longson

Irrespective of managerial ability, owners don't want a pain in the hole, which is exactly what rafa has been for his last four employers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

he hasn't done a wonderful job at Chelsea, but I can't imagine it would have been easy for him to do the job in all fairness.

taking the results out of the equation, can people not see that he's actually kind of right?

what I can't understand is why he was hired.

Chelsea fans need to really look at Roman here. yes, ire can be directed at Rafa and the relatively poor job results-wise he's been doing, but Abramovich is the one about whom questions need to be asked. why did he hire someone that fans were going to despise?

oh, and it wasn't a rant. i'm tired of anything outspoken being described as a rant. it was perfectly rational and calculated.

Why are people expecting Chelsea fans to turn on Abramovich here? That is only going to happen when they go years without making a push for the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Let's get a bit of perspective here, Chelsea fans had a perfectly good reason to be on Rafa's back from day one and he failed miserably to turn them around.
    ‘Chelsea is a big club with fantastic players, every manager wants to coach a such a big team,’ said the Spaniard. ‘But I would never take that job, in respect for my former team at Liverpool, no matter what. For me there is only club in England, and that’s Liverpool.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2236795/Rafa-Benitez-Chelsea-manager-Id-Stamford-Bridge-job.html#ixzz2M9Qk6Dwp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Why are people expecting Chelsea fans to turn on Abramovich here? That is only going to happen when they go years without making a push for the title.

It'd be incredibly idiotic for Chelsea fans to turn on Roman, afaik Chelsea technically owe him a huge debt of hundreds of millions that he can call in at anytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Rafa hasn't impressed as a manager in quite a while now but like Hodgson at Liverpool when the fans don't want you, you have already failed because without the support you won't be able to win the home matches to win the fans over and the team will struggle because of it.

Once the team starts to struggle you are going to get them questioning you and if it gets bad enough they will go over your head like Juande Ramos at Spurs.
    I just hope this rant doesn't get Rafa fired early a new face could see Chelsea start performing again.

I'd also like to see JT as Manager as far as I could see he was as good as assistant Manager to dimatteo last season and there won't be any player power problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Let's get a bit of perspective here, Chelsea fans had a perfectly good reason to be on Rafa's back from day one and he failed miserably to turn them around.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2236795/Rafa-Benitez-Chelsea-manager-Id-Stamford-Bridge-job.html#ixzz2M9Qk6Dwp

Wasn't that proven to be bull**** about 4 thousand times on here. Why would he call liverpool his former team in 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Have to symay that Rafa is correct here. But the blame lies with the Players too who have created the culture for the manager to be blamed. Lampard isn't being let go because he's a bad player and the same will happen to Terry and Cech IMO.

Blatter wrote: »
    It'd be incredibly idiotic for Chelsea fans to turn on Roman, afaik Chelsea technically owe him a huge debt of hundreds of millions that he can call in at anytime.

Exactly. In Realityville, the manager will take the brunt of the criticism at Chelsea when the results go bad until such time as they have gone a multitude of years without a good league or CL push.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

He said that when he was manager of Liverpool. What did you expect him to say? "Yeah I'd manage Chelsea (A big Liverpool rival at the time) when I finish with Liverpool"

Leave it out will you.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

chelsea fans want to go back to the chelsea of old.... what? mid table and pennyless?

niallo27 wrote: »
    Wasn't that proven to be bull**** about 4 thousand times on here. Why would he call liverpool his former team in 2007.

Ok and this as well?
    “We do not need to give away flags to our fans to wave – our supporters are always there with their hearts and that is all we need.

“It’s the passion of the fans that helps us to win matches – not flags.”

http://www.london24.com/sport/chelsea/benitez_has_no_regrets_over_chelsea_comments_while_liverpool_boss_1_1705908

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

hefferboi wrote: »
    He's telling the truth there though.

Doesn't matter if it's the truth or not, it's a pop at a club he eventually went on to manage so of course it's going to come back to haunt him.

If Rodgers three years ago said that Liverpool fans do nothing but live in the past, what sort of reception would he have gotten when he joined them?

Football fans are tribal, as we're seeing in this thread, so there should be no surprise with how Chelsea supporters reacted. Any other set of fans would have done the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

also, to clarify, i don't expect, or think Chelsea fans should turn on Roman.

that would be stupid.

but he is to blame for turning the season into a sideshow, and Rafa is telling in the truth.

the fact he hasn't done particularly well in the job doesn't change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Rafa is not going to come out of this looking good in fairness. He took the job in the hope of landing it full time. And he has failed.

He constantly reminds everyone that he is only interested in taking over as manager of a club that have a project in place, that will give him the chance to challenge for top honours.

Rafa 2002-2007 was a top class coach, hungry, focused and had an excellent team around him.

He cuts a very bitter figure now in my eyes, he is most certainly damaged goods.

In terms of being so picky about jobs, I will make an extremely cruel but true analogy.

He is like the ugly dude at the party with ideas far above his station, insisting he is only going home with one of the best looking women when in reality they have absolutely zero intention of acknowledging his existence.

To you he might not come out of this looking good, but you are just trying to be cynical about him for whatever reason. The fact is he is saying what he wants because he doesn't give a fúck, because he is rich and successful enough to not need to give a fúck. And what he is saying is right.

Trying to use the fact that he holds out for the best jobs as a stick to beat him with is fairly sad. In the last ten years he has gone Valencia => Liverpool => Inter => Chelsea. I'd say he's happy enough with his strategy so far. And if he finds he is waiting too long for a big club next time around he can always take on a mid-table club or slip into a cushy number in international football. Or he could just lay around spending his money on whatever takes his fancy. He'll still be set for life and have a better collection of medals than most managers could ever dream of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Pro. F wrote: »
    To you he might not come out of this looking good, but you are just trying to be cynical about him for whatever reason. The fact is he is saying what he wants because he doesn't give a fúck, because he is rich and successful enough to not need to give a fúck. And what he is saying is right.

Trying to use the fact that he holds out for the best jobs as a stick to beat him with is fairly sad. In the last ten years he has gone Valencia => Liverpool => Inter => Chelsea. I'd say he's happy enough with his strategy so far. And if he finds he is waiting too long for a big club next time around he can always take on a mid-table club or slip into a cushy number in international football. Or he could just lay around spending his money on whatever takes his fancy. He'll still be set for life and have a better collection of medals than most managers could ever dream of.

Tis weird, on one hand, you have anti-Rafa folk dismissing his successes and abilities and essentially accusing him of ruining clubs.

On the other hand, you have opposition fans dismissing Roman's management of the club as a joke and meddlesome.

Looking at Rafa's trophy list and the clubs he has managed or looking at the trophy haul that Chelsea have won since Roman arrived, despite all the managers, you wonder what angle people look at situations from.

The odd banner asking Abramovich, ever so politely, to stop chopping and changing managers wouldn't do any harm. Undermining their current manager definitely will do harm.

They had good reason to be pissed off at Rafa's appointment and to not like him. But you have to laugh at the Chelsea fans trying to justify undermining their manager by pointing to the teams' results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

That's the actual quote. The previous one is "modified".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

No, this is a rant;

Painful memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Doesn't matter if it's the truth or not, it's a pop at a club he eventually went on to manage so of course it's going to come back to haunt him.

If Rodgers three years ago said that Liverpool fans do nothing but live in the past, what sort of reception would he have gotten when he joined them?

Football fans are tribal, as we're seeing in this thread, so there should be no surprise with how Chelsea supporters reacted. Any other set of fans would have done the same.

I think Chelsea fans are missing the bigger picture here. Okay sure, people mightn't want him, but they should have got behind him anyway when he was appointed. If he was given a chance, then who knows what he might have done?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if the fans are constantly on the managers back (from the get go in this case) then results will suffer on the field.

At the end of the day its the Chelsea fans who are the masters of their own downfall here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

aramush wrote: »
    I think Chelsea fans are missing the bigger picture here. Okay sure, people mightn't want him, but they should have got behind him anyway when he was appointed. If he was given a chance, then who knows what he might have done?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if the fans are constantly on the managers back (from the get go in this case) then results will suffer on the field.

At the end of the day its the Chelsea fans who are the masters of their own downfall here.

I don't think you can blame the fans entirely for the situation Rafa is in at the moment.

He would of known going in that some sections of our fan base had a serious hatred for him and would never want him near the place, he also would of known that in order to try and change that he'd need to get results on the pitch and quick. He couldn't do it. He also made some weird decisions, for example he stuck with Torres despite the fact that it was painfully obvious he's finished.

It was a major job for Rafa and he failed.

And IMO this idiotic rant wont do him any favors in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

He didn't really insult the Chelsea fans though. It was a bit of fighting talk before a crucial game. I'm sure he had no real feelings either way about Chelsea fans at the time.

IMO, he's correct in what he's said tonight. The title "Interim Manager" was a bad idea, I'm not sure what the reason behind it was. It just made his appointment seem like temporary measure and there was no incentive for the players to perform as he wouldn't last anyway. The fans then knew if they shouted loud enough and showed their displeasure, then there was a chance he'd be gone much sooner than the few months he was only going to be there for anyway. If he'd turned things around and got good results, well yes, they would have accepted him, but their behaviour from the start ensured that was more difficult than ever to achieve. Negativity is not good for a club. What Chelsea needed was stability. Take the word "interim" out of his title and Chelsea would be making a statement saying "this is our guy". As it is, it's "this is our guy...for now. Couldn't tell you for how long more".

I don't think you can blame the fans entirely for the situation Rafa is in at the moment.

He would of known going in that some sections of our fan base had a serious hatred for him and would never want him near the place, he also would of known that in order to try and change that he'd need to get results on the pitch and quick. He couldn't do it. He also made some weird decisions, for example he stuck with Torres despite the fact that it was painfully obvious he's finished.

It was a major job for Rafa and he failed.

And IMO this idiotic rant wont do him any favors in the future.

The fact that he knew that the only way to get the fans on side was to get the best results doesn't make it any more his fault that he didn't get the best results. Selecting Torres is obviously something that is out of the manager's hands at that club, blaming Rafa for Torres starting is laughable.

Nobody is saying that Rafa has done nothing wrong. But to brand his time so far at Chelsea as some sort of noteworthy failure is a joke. The club is in a complete mess and the fans were against him from the start. To expect any manager to fix all that in a few months is idiotic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I think Rafa is coming out looking cool as fúck from this spell at Chelsea. He's going to get loads of money and he is speaking honestly because he doesn't need to lie. What he is saying is completely right. You can understand the fans frustrations but they need to STFU now, or just give out about Abramovich fúcking around with the managers and transfers.

He also has pretty much nothing to lose. There's a hostile reaction at every game, whether he speaks out or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Want stability but won't get behind a proven Champions League class manager, not even during the interim? If ever a club deserved to fail it's Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I love the term "rant" here. This is a rant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi0Q75xHOVI

Rafa's comments last night were measured and logical. Their fans suck, and they are deserving of an awful lot less success than they've enjoyed under Roman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The real blame here lies with RA and the board. Why has no one higher up in the club made a statement asking for the fans to get behind the manager and the players? Why has he had to resort to defending himself? He must feel so isolated there and i can understand his frustration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I don really care about Chelsea or Rafa.

I'm just enjoying the show if I'm honest.

Can understand both sides of the coin though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The odd banner asking Abramovich, ever so politely, to stop chopping and changing managers wouldn't do any harm.

tumblr_mb409px6fw1r4swg0o1_500.jpg

"Kill heem. Kill everbody in row"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

What Chelsea fan in their right mind would protest against RA, yes they are a bit of a soap opera but hes been nothing but good for the club. They are not going away, have you seen the young players they have bought in the last few years. They will be a serious team again soon. Even with the interference from him, look at the amount of trophies they have won in the last 10 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I've watched the video on youtube. I'm assuming there is another video after it, one that I've not seen that is an actual rant? What I saw was a calm logical response to a question. 100% true as well.
    LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Their fans suck, and they are deserving of an awful lot less success than they've enjoyed under Roman.

Nothing like a bit of generalisation is there. All Chelsea fans suck and not one single one of them deserves a bit of success. Well done Lloyd, well done indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Everything i need to say has been said but what i will add is I'm delighted this franchise is falling apart. They're a worse franchise than MK Dons as far as I'm concerned. All the more satisfying seeing that Spanish onion making a fool of himself again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

TBF to Rafa all hes done is lay the cards out on the table, everybody and their dog knows that Rafas contract is until the end of the season, when he'll be moved onto pastures new.

He's asked for the fans to support the team, he couldnt give a toss about their banners or songs as long as the team's supported but his hiring has had a negativity come with it, which is understandable.

Now, they shouldnt have sacked RDM in the first place but nothing really surprises me with the board and Roman at this stage.

I'm probably part of a minority but I think as a club they made the right decision in picking the best candidate at the time, that was out of work anyway, it hasnt really worked out but if Rafa guides us to 4th or higher he'll have achieved what he set out to do and for that I'll be thankful.

But in saying that, you cant just balme the fans, himself and the players have to shoulder some of the blame, I'm sure its been said but if Rafa had won the majority of his games instead of dropping silly points from winning positions then the team would be better supported.

Sky were rolling their usual stats out, managers with the best win % after 27 games and Rafa was 2nd last, only to AVB.

iregk wrote: »
    Nothing like a bit of generalisation is there. All Chelsea fans suck and not one single one of them deserves a bit of success. Well done Lloyd, well done indeed.

Haven't heard the boo boys being drowned out at the Bridge recently by the supposed majority of good fans. Have you?

iDave wrote: »
    Everything i need to say has been said but what i will add is I'm delighted this franchise is falling apart. They're a worse franchise than MK Dons as far as I'm concerned. All the more satisfying seeing that Spanish onion making a fool of himself again.

Which 'franchise' would this be now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Haven't heard the boo boys being drowned out at the Bridge recently by the supposed majority of good fans. Have you?

Haven't seen a game in the past few weeks so honestly can't comment. Last match I did see the 16min brigade (all 20 of them) were drowned out by boos from the rest of the shed end so...

That said of course all Chelsea fans in the world are in the bridge for every match there for if the boo boys aren't being drowned out that means that every single fan on this planet suck.

Me personally, I agree with Rafa. Nothing he said is incorrect. I didn't see last nights game so I've no idea what the fans did or didn't do. As for the club, I disagreed with the Ancelotti sacking, actually thought Scolari was a woeful hire to begin with, AVB sacking was dire as was the RDM. Ancelotti or AVB should have been given a 4 year leave them alone plan and let them build. They weren't hence why the club is in the rotten state its in now.

Rafa, while I don't like him is correct in what he said last night. You support the team regardless of what you think about him. Booing, you're not helping. I've personally never boo'd a team of the pitch at any game. This entire season should have been a celebration, it's turned into a farce.

So I guess all that Lloyd makes me nothing more than another Chelsea fan that sucks.

Haven't seen a game in the past few weeks so honestly can't comment. Last match I did see the 16min brigade (all 20 of them) were drowned out by boos from the rest of the shed end so...

That said of course all Chelsea fans in the world are in the bridge for every match there for if the boo boys aren't being drowned out that means that every single fan on this planet suck.

Me personally, I agree with Rafa. Nothing he said is incorrect. I didn't see last nights game so I've no idea what the fans did or didn't do. As for the club, I disagreed with the Ancelotti sacking, actually thought Scolari was a woeful hire to begin with, AVB sacking was dire as was the RDM. Ancelotti or AVB should have been given a 4 year leave them alone plan and let them build. They weren't hence why the club is in the rotten state its in now.

Rafa, while I don't like him is correct in what he said last night. You support the team regardless of what you think about him. Booing, you're not helping. I've personally never boo'd a team of the pitch at any game. This entire season should have been a celebration, it's turned into a farce.

So I guess all that Lloyd makes me nothing more than another Chelsea fan that sucks.

Part in bold, +1.

Fair enough, "their fans suck" retracted. Change to: the sizeable minority of fans booing and heckling the manager and by extension hurting their team definitely suck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

GavRedKing wrote: »
    TBF to Rafa all hes done is lay the cards out on the table, everybody and their dog knows that Rafas contract is until the end of the season, when he'll be moved onto pastures new.

He's asked for the fans to support the team, he couldnt give a toss about their banners or songs as long as the team's supported but his hiring has had a negativity come with it, which is understandable.

Now, they shouldnt have sacked RDM in the first place but nothing really surprises me with the board and Roman at this stage.

I'm probably part of a minority but I think as a club they made the right decision in picking the best candidate at the time, that was out of work anyway, it hasnt really worked out but if Rafa guides us to 4th or higher he'll have achieved what he set out to do and for that I'll be thankful.

But in saying that, you cant just balme the fans, himself and the players have to shoulder some of the blame, I'm sure its been said but if Rafa had won the majority of his games instead of dropping silly points from winning positions then the team would be better supported.

Sky were rolling their usual stats out, managers with the best win % after 27 games and Rafa was 2nd last, only to AVB.

But regardless of whether he was the best candidate or not, could he not have anticipated this whole situation arising? It was always probable.

Managing a team with all the fans on your back from the get go, just waiting for you to fail (almost urging you to fail) is incredibly difficult.

Roman should have seen this coming. It was an awful decision to appoint him.

Yes, I'm speaking with the benefit of hindsight, but a blind man could have seen this situation coming.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Yes, I'm speaking with the benefit of hindsight, but a blind man could have seen this situation coming.

I would have to agree with this part.

If things were not going to go great on the pitch, you would not take genius to work out that this scenario could be on the cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i have mixed views on him to be honest, as its not all black and white.

Chelsea fans are morons and the club/team should come first - the players are being effected by this nonsense and they should use their voices away from the terraces. the team was also on a very bad run (11 point turn around in league in the space of a few weeks, which has continued)

on the other hand,
    Rafa knew was he was getting into, his results have not been good enough AND i am sure he is getting well paid to do the job. he didnt have to accept it, he should have known better.

they both deserve each other to be honest, its great for opposing fans to sit back and watch the circus that is Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Sacked at Chelsea. Poor sod. He'll never have to work again.

The problem with hiring Rafa was of all the candidates we could have used as a stop gap the main ones were either 'Arry or Rafa, in terms of what theyed bring to the table Rafa is clearly a better manager, the club and I'm only guessing decided to take a gamble on it, but because the board or Roman rarely ever interact with fans or the media we'll probably never know.

Whoever gave Roman the advise that hiring Rafa would be an overall good idea needs to be sent to the Ural's to work the rest of his days, it was always going to fail.

Even if Rafa had won every cup competition and finsihed inside the top 4 some sections of the fan base wouldnt want him.

At the moment it looks like a gamble that hasnt paid off, its currently a win, win, loss situation.

Win - Rafas back in a job and may find a potential job in the summer
    Win - Rafa is gone in the summer, fans are slightly appeased
    Loss - club could fall out of 4th.

It's up to the players to ensure the club get at least 4th and out aside any personal feelings towards Rafa or his methods

GavRedKing wrote: »
    It's up to the players to ensure the club get at least 4th and out aside any personal feelings towards Rafa or his methods

Do you think the players have to take responsibility?

Not seen enough of Chelsea myself to make proper take on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I am a Liverpool fan, but that interview from Benitez was an utter car crash. Whether you're right or wrong, you just do not publicly attack the owner or the fans, no matter what. When you consider that AVB had an actual player revolt on his hands, he just did the job to the best of his ability, and when he got sacked, he took his pay off quietly and found another club. Benitez should have kept his mouth shut, because that interview will have marked him now.

Do you think the players have to take responsibility?

Not seen enough of Chelsea myself to make proper take on it.

100 % of the blame for the match performances IMO.

Rafa can only do the hard work on the training ground and pre-match, as soon as the players take to the field anything that happens out there is up to them and its not like we dont have World Cup winners, European Cup winners, UCL winers, EPL winners on the field to perform.

The squad has been going through the motions in most games for the last few months and its sickening to watch because there is times when they're some of the best XI around and other times theyed struggle to look anything like a team and under perform big time.

Rafa gets a lot of blame but for me the buck stops with the players and even if we say oh he rotates players, yes, yes he does rotate but the players he brings in are hardly a few levels down on those they're reaplcing in terms of standard.

I'd love to see him back at Liverpool and get them relegated. He is an overrated manager in my eyes and was an idiot to take the Chelsea job

For such an overrated, rubbish manager there sure is a lot of deep, dark hatred towards him residing in many people's hearts.

• Advertisement

I will say another thing, the players should be giving 100% every game and busting their balls to win games, they know Rafa is gone next year, so do they want to be in a position with a new maanger and no UCL football next season becasue they're pulling moody over Rafa and his tactics and selections?

Advertisement