Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rafa's Rants (the sequel)

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

monkey9 wrote: »
    Because there's people out there who think Justin Bieber is better than The Beatles.

Jordan Henderson for one.

As this story is now effectively dead, Stamford bridge was docile yesterday, Chelsea play Man Utd in the FA Cup Quarter finals next Saturday.

Maybe its time to move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

dfx- wrote: »
    I think I heard Dan Walker say on Thursday that an interview was already scheduled ahead of the game and that when he heard about the Middlesbrough comments, he thought the interview would be postponed/cancelled..

The timing is exceptionally interesting so, especially if he doesn't end up getting sacked...

monkey9 wrote: »
    Are you sure?? I'd say it's more likely that they'd ask 'what is he doing anywhere near Liverpool's bench!

Haha maybe so but you know what I mean.

Liverpool fans have got more excited about the cost of Anderson, Nani, DeGea or Jones than United fans have...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The timing is exceptionally interesting so, especially if he doesn't end up getting sacked...

I wrote about this yesterday elsewhere

His statement was clearly timed for greatest effect - wait until after setting up the quarter final with Utd which is next weekend remember, let the words act as a release valve within the club, effectively force the board to back him publicly (lets face it they were never going to sack him) and then win the WBA game with a 'united' team (who apparently were happy enough with the thrust of what was said) in which Lukaku would not be playing.

If Utd are dumped out of the cup another trophy suddenly looks likely while a defeat would hardly be a disgrace or plausible reason to get on his back.

mike65 wrote: »
    I wrote about this yesterday elsewhere

Very plausible in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

RasTa wrote: »
    Why do Liverpool fans always mention this no past or history crap? Who cares about the distant past anyway ie over 20 years.

Because earning success is different to buying it. Abramovich could have bought Wycombe Wanderers and won the same amount of trophies by now. So pretty much every trophy Chelsea have ever won in their 'history' can be credited to winning a game of Russian bingo :pac:

Advertisement