Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 9 Results

Options
  • 28-02-2013 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭

Raiders went to colts territory and were fortunate to come out with a strong win to put them 6-2! It was a pick fest with 10 interceptions thrown altogether, 6 for Luck and 4 between Palmer and Alt. Palmer is now out for 6 weeks after being smashed to the pieces and now has a disk missing! :O

The Colts offense never really got going and despite great play calls by the GM, the players didnt want to hold onto the ball or my defense sacked him before anyone got open, 7 sacks all together. I threw picks way inside my own half, and need to be more careful, especially with palmer sitting out for 6 weeks :( I cant quite remember how the scoring went, I was trying to hard not to blow my lead but the final score was 41-14, not doing justice to how colts played but two pick 6s just went my way at the right time

Anyway, Colts had no mic so didnt get to chat, but best of luck with the rest of the season

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jaguars 28-0 Jets.

Lets all pretend I beat Dave 28-0 and not the CPU, deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I can't even beat the computer! I think I hate this game

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Rams get beat by the Saints 38-21.

Damn this game is frustrating!!!

Typical of the way this season is going for me as i let the opposition race into a healthy lead and then have to try my hardest to stage a comeback.

This time my team decide to give the Saints a 31-0 headstart and not play in the first 3 quarters. Then proceed to score 21 points in the 4th quarter, including recovering an onside kick and throwing a pick and then making Sproles fumble!!!

Jesus!!!

To be fair it could have been a lot closer but i threw 4 picks in total including 1 in the redzone.
    Cheers for the game and the chat Raoul, think i learnt a hell of a lot from this game, including stop trying to control every player!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Not only did the Browns lose the game but they also lost their title of dirtiest team in the BFL

Niners flagged for a total of 60 yards for 4 late hits :eek:
    Even my poor kicker got battered :(

Ahem, Commish? Can we get this score overturned? ;)

Was a low scoring game, neither running back or QB had a particularly great game.
    Both D's did well with a total of 7 picks and one forced fumble.

Browns forced a fumble on 3rd down in the 4th quarter but Niners recovered. I would have settled for an incomplete pass

Niners go 4-5 while Browns go 2-6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

49ers beat up the Browns in another tight affair where only for Gore diving on a fumble things could have been very different. both sides had 75 yrds rushing but Smith threw 293 to Weedens 98. Niners went penalty happy with late hits on the Qb and kicker. gotta stop that carry on. revenge for my missed fg in madden 12.
    10/0/3/3 16
    0/10/10/3 23

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Steelers beat the Cardinals 14-7 in the desert. This was a case of bye week hang over with Big Ben throwing 4 interceptions.

The Cards were unable to make anything of the turnover superiority thanks to some excellent d from the Steelers and some shoddy hands from Mathew Mulligan.

You were unlucky here Padraic, you played better than your record suggests. Maybe look into the draft for a QB and another tight end to compliment Shockey and you can get the ball moving. the defence is stout enough as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Team|1|2|3|4|Final
    Team Gronk|7|3|0|7|17
    Titans|0|0|0|0|0

Titans win the toss and elect to receive.
    Some good running by C2kJ gains momentum adn moves them down the field. Then Mr Mayo takes Mr Locker down for -4 yards and the punt team comes out.
    On the first play Ridley runs for 33 yards. Passes to Gronk and Hernandez, and a reverse by Lloyd have NE knocking at the one yard line.
    Ridley out of the goalline set goes for no gain. Being the clever sod that he is, NE Coach sees that the Titans are stacking the box and calls a play action out of the
    same set. Kettani to fullback runs a left swing and is wide open for six points. XP is good.
    Two runs for negative yardage by Johnson (Wilfork and DeVito) and a short pass later has the Titans punt team on again as the second quarter begins.
    Brady goes for gold, deepish to Lloyd and it is picked off by Babineaux.
    Locker gets sacked by Matt "You can't put no TE on me" Roth for -5 yards. Then the punt team come on again as the Titans go 3 & out.

Ridley gains 18 yards on a draw play, but Kettani is the real star, by the time the HB gets to the line of scrimmage, the FB is 14 yards beyond it engaging the safety. Instead Dan Connolly RG becomes the lead blocker for a good gain.
    But then the pats punt it away.
    Locker hits R.Williams for 12 yards, Williams gets banged up on the play. Then Locker gets sacked again. Wilfork and DeVito each get 0.5 added to their total.
    Williams is back in but drops a pass in double coverage. Punted away with 0:40 in the half.
    Ridley rushes for 7 yards.
    Brady to Lloyd for 23
    Brady to Lloyd for 17
    Brady to Lloyd for 19
    32 yeard FG is good. 10-0 Patriots.

Titans take a knee with 0:02 left to bring us to half time.

Brady to Slater is good for 20 yards.
    Suh stops Ridley for no gain, then levels Brady for -8 yards.
    Pats punt the ball away on 4th and long.
    Titans go three and out and punt the ball away. Johnson contained to 1 yard gains.

Ridley has another huge gain down the sideline for 25 yards, fumbles the football as he is trying to hurdle the tackler though. Titans recover.
    Pats HC wants to challenge the call as instant replay shows the man who recovered the football had his left foot out of bounds at the time of recovery. Can't challenge the call though and it is Tennessee's ball.
    They do bugger all with it though and give it back after three plays.

Welker trys the reverse play that Lloyd did in the 1st half. Lost 3 yards on the play.
    Pats punt away as the third quarter ends.
    Titans punt away.

The Pats run game is getting stuffed so Plan G comes back into play.
    30 yards, 18 yards, 7 yards and 3 yards(TD) get six points on the board. 17-0 Pats with 4:17 left to play.

Locker shows some fancy footwork and converts a third and long going for 12 yards.
    Titans convert another third and long, and while going for another third down Williams hauls in a hospital pass and gets the trainers out on the pitch again. To make matters worse, the ref rules it as 4th and inches. Johnson picks up the inch though. 4th and 10 with a minute to go. Locker flings it deep and it is picked off by Trufant. Pats run the clock out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Did you break anyone Dave?
    Not happy the CPU didn't even get a fG!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

A combine qb rating of 66 sums up the packers and buccaneers game.

2 pick sixes just before half time put the game beyond rescue for the bucs.

Both teams could have easily had another couple of INTs each.
    Packers get away with the INTs due to field position mainly.

Advertisement