Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best route to Parkwest

Options
  • 28-02-2013 1:12am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hello.

I'll be travelling to Parkwest in the morning and I need to know the quickest route.

I'm very unfamiliar with this side of the city so I have absolutely no idea how to get there? Is it near Red Cow and, if so, is it practical to walk from there?

I really have no idea.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Quickest route from where?
    Travelling by car, bus, Luas, bike, walking?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭SugarShane88

Quickest route from where?
    Travelling by car, bus, Luas, bike, walking?

I'll be using the necessary public transport, whichever is the most practical for someone living in the Stillorgan/Blackrock region.

As I said, it's possible to get a Luas to the Red Cow and continue the journey on foot, but I don't know how far a walk it is.

If its any use, I'll be travelling to a car garage which is near a Bewleys Hotel apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Bewleys Hotel is at Newlands Cross, which is Naas Road Clondalkin, not parkwest. There's an Aspect Hotel in parkwest, but no car garage there.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Bewleys Hotel is at Newlands Cross, which is Naas Road Clondalkin, not parkwest. There's an Aspect Hotel in parkwest, but no car garage there.

I'm very much reliant on the information of my sister here which may not be entirely accurate.

Forget I mentioned the Bewleys hotel, by the sound of it, it is not a good yardstick to guide me.

Parkwest business park is where I've discovered the garage is. I've found a bus called the 79a which travels up to that region but, if it's anywhere near the business park, I do not know.

Well, if it is Newlands Cross, get the 69x and get off at Newlands Cross.
    If it was parkwest, you can get the 151, walk up from the Nangor Road.

• Advertisement

I'm very much reliant on the information of my sister here which may not be entirely accurate.

Forget I mentioned the Bewleys hotel, by the sound of it, it is not a good yardstick to guide me.

Parkwest business park is where I've discovered the garage is. I've found a bus called the 79a which travels up to that region but, if it's anywhere near the business park, I do not know.

Is it Micks Garage? That's at the far end of the industrial estate, the kileen road end. The business park is all offices, there's no car garage in there as far as I know.
    I just remembered, the handiest and quickest way is the Alan Martin bus.
    http://www.amconline.ie/routedetails.asp?a=timetable&id=4
    Pay when you get on, it's pretty much an express bus, so gets out there fairly fast. Its a private bus, double decker, usually covered in a massive advertisement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

you can get a train from heuston which will bring you into parkwest, or alternatively there is a shuttle bus from the quays I think. Plenty of info on parkwests website http://www.parkwest.ie/transport/comm_gettinghere.asp

Is it Micks Garage? That's at the far end of the industrial estate, the kileen road end. The business park is all offices, there's no car garage in there as far as I know.
    I just remembered, the handiest and quickest way is the Alan Martin bus.
    http://www.amconline.ie/routedetails.asp?a=timetable&id=4
    Pay when you get on, it's pretty much an express bus, so gets out there fairly fast. Its a private bus, double decker, usually covered in a massive advertisement.

You'll have to forgive me mate I'm being fed new information regularly.

This is what we know:

It's called Parkwest Autopoint. On their website, they claim to be located at Naas Rd Car Auctions. Is that in the region of Parkwest or is it one of those companies that, for some reason, are nowhere near where the company name suggests?

Yes, it's one of those companies that is nowhere near where the name suggests!
    And their website is terrible, not even a google maps location! I googled it and it looks like it's near Newlands Cross. So near Bewleys hotel is right.
    This looks like this and in other car photos that's definitely the right place, just painted a different colour.

Good news is the Luas is near, but bad news is that it's on the wrong side of the naas road! http://goo.gl/maps/Pt8h3
    Don't think there's a footbridge there, suppose you could take a chance crossing if you're fast and it's not rush hour!

Yes, it's one of those companies that is nowhere near where the name suggests!
    And their website is terrible, not even a google maps location! I googled it and it looks like it's near Newlands Cross. So near Bewleys hotel is right.
    This looks like this and in other car photos that's definitely the right place, just painted a different colour.

Good news is the Luas is near, but bad news is that it's on the wrong side of the naas road! http://goo.gl/maps/Pt8h3
    Don't think there's a footbridge there, suppose you could take a chance crossing if you're fast and it's not rush hour!
    Excellent work mate. I appreciate it.

I'll figure out a way of gettin across.

Nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

There is a bridge over the Naas Road from the Red Cow Luas Stop,you can see it in the Street View link you posted if you pan right.Has foot and cycle path aswell as the road.

That garage is about a 10 minute walk from the Red Cow Luas stop

Here's the bridge: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=53.316775,-6.373662&ll=53.316855,-6.373725&spn=0.007242,0.01929&num=1&t=m&z=16&layer=c&cbll=53.316855,-6.373725&panoid=3Ml-3MkxlJBTp4Xmi4C65A&cbp=12,289.81,,0,0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Park West is a terrible place to get to without ur own transport.

From the Red Cow LUAS for example, your choices are:
    1: Walk from the Red Cow towards Woodies, and cut through the back roads, which is over half an hour walk, minimum.
    2: Get the LUAS 1 stop to Kylemore and walk, which is about half an hour again.
    3: If you're there before 9, there's a shuttle bus that goes from McDonalds for €1 every 30 minutes, which is the best option.
    4: LUAS to Kylemore, walk to Long Mile road, which is a decent walk, and get the 151.

They defo need something handier to connect the Nangor Road to the N7.

Coming from town, you have the train from Heuston, the bus (79a?) and the other shuttle. Definitely not ideal for a business park!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,740 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Read the posts again - the OP is not going to Parkwest business park but rather a business on the Naas Road with the name Parkwest Autopoint.

Dublin Bus routes 13, 68 and 69 pass along Monastery Road, while the LUAS serves Red Cow on the far side of the Naas road.

OP this link shows the location on a map:
    http://www.carsireland.ie/car-dealers/county/dublin/parkwest-autopoint/directions.php?dealer_id=1288

Just zoom in.

Advertisement