Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipod Classic help

• 28-02-2013 1:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hey everyone I have an Ipod classic 5th gen (i think) 160gb i got it in November. Recently it stopped playing certain songs in its library. Then last week it froze so i reset it and it lost all its songs. not a problem i thought so i plugged it into my laptop but it wouldnt recognize it properly. It said it needed to be reformated so i tried that but it said it couldnt be reformatted. I ran a diagnostics on it and it said there was no problems. But now i cant even get into the ipod it just stop at the apple sign on the start up. It wont let me diagnose it either.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭ewan whose army

Have you tried rebooting it into disc mode and resetting the iPod to factory settings?

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1363

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

Yep ive tried that but still no luck :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I fixed one by removing the battery for (I forget how long) then when the battery was reconnected it worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

sounds like a good idea! any idea how one would do that? haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Found a guide on the web. Its different for different models of the classic, where the clips are on the case etc. I think the one I did was a 4g U2 model.

• Advertisement
Advertisement