Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could be the start of something big!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Topps

The plan for today was a swim,bike and a run.

Swim: Main set was 750m which was done in a time of 14.52 which I was very happy with.

Turbo: Had planned 20k but due to lack of energy decided to stop at 5k and decided to do a bit more running.

Run: run was done on the indoor track with 600m warm up followed by interval training for about 25mins with breaks when needed.

All in all a good days training. Plan for tomorrow is a 21k turbo and a swim 2x400m

The last three days have been tough. I have trained but the motivation and energy is lacking.

22nd May 2013

Swim in arena. Had planned 2x400 m but after 200 m I just had to stop. Breathing was short and short on energy. Managed around 800 m with 200m being longest.

23rd May 2013

Plan was short interval run. Started off with 2k warm-up and straight into 100m sprints with recovery until rested. I only managed three before I was very short of breath. Ended up doing sprints followed by walking for the remainder of the 5k.

24th May 2013

Plan was a cycle to Bunratty and back which is 27.5k. Only went out 8.5k before I decided I had enough and headed back in to Limerick for the remainder 8.5k. The wrists were sore and lags lacked energy.

To be honest i'm not quiet sure whats going on. Training had been going so well but everything I do at the moment seems like I have to put in twice as much energy as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

Topps wrote: »
    The last three days have been tough. I have trained but the motivation and energy is lacking.

To be honest i'm not quiet sure whats going on. Training had been going so well but everything I do at the moment seems like I have to put in twice as much energy as before.

Are you eating/drinking and most importantly sleeping properly- the increased amount of training needs more sleep and rest and food!! maybe look at getting bloods taken-... on the other hand you may just be going through a bad few days...we all get them

Trig1 wrote: »
    Are you eating/drinking and most importantly sleeping properly- the increased amount of training needs more sleep and rest and food!! maybe look at getting bloods taken-... on the other hand you may just be going through a bad few days...we all get them

Thanks Trig,

I'm eating well and sleeping 10 hours a night. Thinking back it may be due to the blood I gave a few days ago. Maybe my body needs time to produce it. Thanks anyway I feel much better today.

25th May 2013

Morning
    26.5 km ride from Limerick to Bunratty and back. Felt OK. Legs strong but need to learn what exact gear is which. Seemed to be going into the wrong gear a lot. Took 58mins, slow due to the fact its a dual-carriageway which means lots of looking over the sholder at junctions and a few hills in there as-well. Could easily take 10mins off this time in the near future.

Afternoon
    5k run in the afternoon. Was suppose to be a fast one but ended up being quiet slow.

Km 1- 4'29"
    Km 2- 4'43"
    Km 3- 4'49"
    Km 4- 5'00"
    Km 5- 4'47"

Total time 24.08

Slow but a good lesson not to go out fast for the first 500-750m.

• Advertisement

26th May 2013

Another cycle to Bunratty. 26.8k in around 57mins. Slow again but i'm only getting used to the bike;).

27th May 2013

Out to the arena for a run and swim. Cycled out which is around 5k and cycled back, so 10k in total. Just a nice warm up and warm down.

Swim was first, had planned 10x 100m off 2.30. It was my first time doing something like this so wasn't sure what to expect. From the start breathing was all over the place and only managed 5 which was disappointing. Then decided to do some 50m easy to get my breathing back and finished up with that. I will definitely be getting back to this during the week and having a good go at it.

Next was some interval running. Started of with 1000m warm up in the indoor track and then did 5x 50-60m sprints with 140-150m easy inbetween. Took a break after this and then decided to do it again. This time only 200m warm up and straight into the intervals. Did the five and then 800m warm down. Good work-out gets the heart pumping.

28th May 2013

Rest day long overdue.

29th May 2013

10k run in the heat. Was not used to this and it reflected on my time.

Km 1 4'45''
    km 2 4'45''
    km 3 4'55''
    km 4 5'04''
    km 5 5'09''
    km 6 5'43'' walked/run
    km 7 5'22'' walked/run
    km 8 5'16'' walk/run
    km 9 5'06''
    km 10 5'00''

Didn't enjoy this at all.

30th May 2013

Out to Bunratty and back a total of 26.90km in 58mins. Headwind on the way out

31st May 2013

Out to Shannon and back a total of 41.5km in a time of 1.28hours. Headwind on the way out. I was happy with this as it was my first time cycling over 30k in one go.

1st April 2013

Another 10k run but much better than Wednesday

km 1 4'39''
    km 2 4'35''
    km 3 4'40''
    km 4 4'44''
    km 5 4'46''
    km 6 4'47''
    km 7 4'52''
    km 8 4'47''
    km 9 4'52''
    km 10 4'36''

2nd April 2013

Today the plan was 2k fast( faster than 5k peace)

First 2k

km 1 4'29''
    km 2 4'29''

1k easy

Second 2k

km 1 4'25''
    km 2 4'38''

Felt sick near the end of the second 5k, every time I go faster than 5k/10k peace I just can't handle it. Lots of interval work needed after "up the creek" to improve 5k/10k run times. At the moment I feel I am almost going backwards.

Plan for next week is two swims, two interval runs and a cycle. Rest day tomorrow or Tuesday.

Back training for the next 10 weeks for the run up to Castleconnell.

Today easy OW swim about 400m. Didn't have much time and was messing around for most of it.

My foot "dorsal" is killing me after a few runs (finding it hard to walk and sever pain when I bend the toes) and i think i have a stress-fracture. Going to get this checked out. So it looks like swimming for the next two weeks and then get back into running and biking.

Back to training after finding out I had tendentious in my right foot.

SWIM Warm-up: 3 x 50m. Main: 8 x 50m Stroke Count with 30 seconds rest between efforts, then 200m continuous relaxed. Cool-down: 4 x 50m concentrating on technique. I'm starting my new plan today which is 12 weeks long.

tomorrow easy run.

Tuesday 25th June 2013

RUN: Steady and relaxed for 25 minutes. Just took i nice and easy didn't have a watch so no time or peace. Nice to be back training really missed it when I stopped.

Tomorrow bike.

• Advertisement

Monday 08/07/2013

1.5 km run up to gym followed by 1 hour strength and core exercises and 1.5 km run cool down. Had to have a cool bath when I came home its lethal out there.

Tuesday 09/07/2013

track session today. First time doing this. It was ten by eighty sec on and thirty off. Was tough. Will do same again next week.

Injured again... nice one:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

Topps wrote: »
    Injured again... nice one:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Ah sh!t... What happened? :(

c07 wrote: »
    Ah sh!t... What happened? :(

I did a track session the other day and everything was fine. The next day everything was good and I decided to go out for a 5-6k run at an easy peace thinking it would help with the recovery of the track session and within 200m the shins of both legs were stinging and it was unbearable to run. I just had to stop and its not like I didn't stretch and warm-up before both sessions and cool down. Went back home and had a look at on the internet and i'm 100% sure its shinsplints. This is just after tendentious in my right foot and other small issues with my foot/leg. Firstly i'm getting a new pair of running shoes and probably look at getting my foot looked at. It must be something to do with my running style or just bad feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

Oh no... :(
    May be worth getting a gait analysis done.

Thanks for that i'm going to look into it.

Legs and feet feel good. Went for a short run to the gym 1.5km and 1.5h gym session of weights and core. Good session. Then a 1.5k warm down run. Still it feels dodge running with any peace so i'm going to have to get them looked at ASAP.

Swim today just a few 50s to get back into it. Cycled to and from arena. Around 8-10k each way.

Just reading over this and cringing haha I'm back training now. Feeling great. Will be entering a few races next summer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement