Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a hostel

Options
  • 28-02-2013 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I know this might be a very simple query for this thread. We are thinking of setting up a hostel. No definate location yet but possibly Galway. Can any of you guys in the know give us some pointers of where to start gathering our information on what we need lega and business wise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭dienbienphu

as far as i know you need planning permission so its not as simple as setting up a business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

All the major centres are well covered with over capacity in many. I know someone in the business and 100 beds is the minimum economic unit size..big investment.
    Do lots and lots of market research and stay in a few, the prices are so low that you will soon realise how tough it will be to make a living.

Cheers

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭topdog8

What type of hostel are you setting up? Tourist, Homeless, Refugee.
    I know recently new legislation has come in terms of the standards of hostels its not as easy as it used to be. Alot of people getting out which also means oppertunity for people like yourself to go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭dienbienphu

you'd probably be better of setting up a hostel for homeless or refugees as you would have a steady income. surprisingly enough, hostels appear to be limited around the west coast of ireland which has some potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭topdog8

you'd probably be better of setting up a hostel for homeless or refugees as you would have a steady income. surprisingly enough, hostels appear to be limited around the west coast of ireland which has some potential.

Goverenment funding is the issue on this one I'm afraid.. Very major risk but thats what they are there for taking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement